What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: clear choice all natural "no brom or chlor"  (Read 13135 times)

keithtc

• WEST VIRGINIA COP
clear choice all natural "no brom or chlor"
« on: November 10, 2005, 12:38:38 am »
in the procees of buying hot tub.
JACCUZI DEALER TOLD ME ABOUT "CLEAR CHOICE" ADVISED IT WAS ALL NATURAL AND YOU DID NOT NEED CHLORINE OR BROMIDE
ALSO NO NEED TO CHCK PH LEVELS DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS

HOT SPRINGS AND JACCUZI DEALERS BOTH RECOMMENDED AGAINST BUYING OZONATER NEED ADVICE ON THIS

Hot Tub Forum

clear choice all natural "no brom or chlor"
« on: November 10, 2005, 12:38:38 am »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: clear choice all natural "no brom or chlor"
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 12:53:51 am »
I don't know what Clear Choice is. My experience is anything that promises you can avoid using a standard sanitizer is based on telling you what you want to hear to amek the sale but in the end when your water looks like soup you'll be buying some chlorine or switch to bromine. Either way, you can use any water treatment system on any spa so don't let that be a selling feature either way.

As far as ozone goes, I am a fan of them (the CD type specifically) as I know they HELP you maintain the water but it does not totally relieve you of your water care responsibility and you don't HAVE to have it. Again, all spas have them so this shouldn't really affect which spa you buy either.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 05:00:13 am »
in the procees of buying hot tub.
JACCUZI DEALER TOLD ME ABOUT "CLEAR CHOICE" ADVISED IT WAS ALL NATURAL AND YOU DID NOT NEED CHLORINE OR BROMIDE

Theres alot of products out there that claim this but from what I have tryed and what I have read a claim is all that it is. After a while you end up adding chlorine to get what you think is clean water.

ALSO NO NEED TO CHCK PH LEVELS DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS

There are numerous PH lock products on the market.

HOT SPRINGS AND JACCUZI DEALERS BOTH RECOMMENDED AGAINST BUYING OZONATER NEED ADVICE ON THIS

An ozonator can help to reduce slightly the amount of sanitizer required between soaks.
Retired

AZJohn15

• 2005 Sundance Caprio
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2005, 08:42:15 am »
I started out with Clear Choice in my last spa.  It's an enzyme based sanitizer.  I didn't like it at all.   Left the spa feeling slimey all the time.  Switched over to Natures 2 liked that much better.

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005, 02:34:41 pm »
I started out with Clear Choice in my last spa.  It's an enzyme based sanitizer.  I didn't like it at all.   Left the spa feeling slimey all the time.  Switched over to Natures 2 liked that much better.

I'm hoping you switched to something else in addition to Nature 2...  N2 alone is not enough to sanitize your spa.  It can greatly reduce the amount of sanitizer you need but you still need something dichlor to go along with it.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 02:35:15 pm by bulmer4nc »
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2005, 02:48:05 pm »
I'm hoping you switched to something else in addition to Nature 2...  N2 alone is not enough to sanitize your spa.  It can greatly reduce the amount of sanitizer you need but you still need something dichlor to go along with it.

Okay, I'm getting confused. And it's not the first time :)  I'm hoping someone can clear this up in simple straigh forward terms using small words.

Natures 2 is  the Ozinator from HS, right?

There are, for the most part 3 major Chem routines.

1) Dichlor + Shock
2) Bromine + Shock
3)The Buaqua  crowd (enzimes).

You can use  an Ozinator with any of these, or none at all.

IS that right? When we talk chems, 99% of the time  the poster should fall into one of the above.

So when someone says "nature 2" they are talking about Hotsprings Dichlor and Ozinator routine.

Right? Or am I full of it?

07 Caldera Geneva

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2005, 02:49:12 pm »
Why did the Jacuzzi and HS dealers advise against ozonators?  Mine highly recommended it and I am glad he did.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2005, 02:49:56 pm »
Freshwater III is the HotSpring ozonator's official title.

Nature 2 is some brand name silver ion cartridge, I believe.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2005, 02:51:09 pm »
Why did the Jacuzzi and HS dealers advise against ozonators?  Mine highly recommended it and I am glad he did.

Of course he did, you put an extra $200 in his pocket more than likely.  Not all dealers are out to save you money. :)

Terminator

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2005, 02:59:22 pm »
Can you elaborate?  The model I chose had the ozonator, I wanted the ozonator, and got the ozonator.  Are you saying it's a waste, or he overcharged me?  

Are there ANY dealers who look to save their customers money?  I realize many here are looking to make friends over money, but my impression of the industry is that the dealers generally rank slightly below used car salesmen on the food chain and ooze slightly more sleaze.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 03:02:09 pm by orlandoguy »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2005, 02:59:36 pm »
Freshwater III is the HotSpring ozonator's official title.

Nature 2 is some brand name silver ion cartridge, I believe.

Terminator

Ahhh. Now it makes a bit more sense. The HS dealer slapped one of these into my tub and I was wondering why that name was floating around my noggin.

It's actually time for me to get a new SIlver ion pack. I am debating if  I should or not.   Suggestions?
07 Caldera Geneva

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2005, 03:06:38 pm »
Can you elaborate?  The model I chose had the ozonator, I wanted the ozonator, and got the ozonator.  Are you saying it's a waste, or he overcharged me?  

Are there ANY dealers who look to save their customers money?

Please don't misunderstand me.  My only comment was directed at your dealer highly recommending it.  If that's what you wanted and you're happy with it, good.

Is it a necessity?  If they were guaranteed to last for 10 years, yes, everyone should get one.  Do they sometimes quit working after a year or two?  Sometimes, and it is an expense to repair or replace.

If someone comes to my store and asks about the ozonator, this is exactly what I tell them.  I do not try to convince them that it will make their spa chemical-free or will save them money.  It will supplement their water care program, that's it.  Some people feel like it's worth it.

I really do try to make sure the customers know exactly what they're getting.  I'm going to be here for a long time and I don't want someone coming in ticked off at me because I sold them something they didn't need, that's all. :)

Terminator

hymbaw

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2005, 03:10:23 pm »
Nature2 is indeed silver ions.

Ozone can be used with bromine, chlorine, and Nature2.

Ozone is not recommended with Baqua, which is not enzymes. It's biguinide, which is a synthetic polymer compound.

People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2005, 03:15:21 pm »
Nature2 is indeed silver ions.

Ozone can be used with bromine, chlorine, and Nature2.

Ozone is not recommended with Baqua, which is not enzymes. It's biguinide, which is a synthetic polymer compound.

Thanks for helping to clear it up.

I get the impression that you classify Nature 2 on the same level as Bromine and Dichlor, in that it's a principel sanitizing method to be used.  Is that correct?

I was under the impression that products like Nature 2 can assist in keeping water clean (many public pools used an ion system), but this was in addition to not instead of, Bromine or chlorine. Much like ozone (it helps,  but on it's own has not been proven to be a vaiable complete method).

Real people are claiming success with just an ion pack?

My tub has an ozinator, a Nature 2 ion cartridge, I use dichlor after each soak, and shock every week.    

Am I over doing it?  
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 03:23:31 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2005, 03:18:04 pm »
I'm with you on this Term, Ozone does help but it's not the god send every one makes it out to be, you still have to sanitize the spa. Drewster, I have found that the silver ion cartridge helps the ozinator to do it's job, but if you feel it is not working for you, just don't replace it and see if you see any significant change

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2005, 03:18:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42