What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: spa placement  (Read 2324 times)

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
spa placement
« on: May 08, 2005, 09:14:24 am »
Is there any requirements about how much room should be around a spa?  I know that there has to be access for service but what about all the other sides?  Is there a certain amount of space that should be allowed on all sides?

Hot Tub Forum

spa placement
« on: May 08, 2005, 09:14:24 am »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: spa placement
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 09:31:23 am »
I believe that depends on the spa. If you have removable panels on all 4 sides then you might want to have the room to be able to work on it.

If you opt for say the Artesian Piper Glen then I believe you need access to at least 3 sides to get to the 5 pumps.

From what I've read GOOD modern tubs don't have many leaks in the plumbing - they mainly leak at the pumps. I'm sinking my tub into a deck and will have a trap door access to the electronics and pumps. There will be limited access to the other 3 sides with one side about 2 feet from the house wall. Again I 'm banking on the fact that tubs don't leak in their plumbing too often.

Hope this helps!

hotubinn

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 10:03:03 am »
From what I've read GOOD modern tubs don't have many leaks in the plumbing - they mainly leak at the pumps. I'm sinking my tub into a deck and will have a trap door access to the electronics and pumps. There will be limited access to the other 3 sides with one side about 2 feet from the house wall. Again I 'm banking on the fact that tubs don't leak in their plumbing too often.

Hope this helps!

Vinny, I hope you are right!  I would, for one, never install a spa that does not allow me access.  Maybe I have had a bad couple of months, but I have been fixing 2-3 plumbing leaks a week!  The spas range in age from about 4 years to 10.  Good Luck!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 10:33:09 am »
Vinny, I hope you are right!  I would, for one, never install a spa that does not allow me access.  Maybe I have had a bad couple of months, but I have been fixing 2-3 plumbing leaks a week!  The spas range in age from about 4 years to 10.  Good Luck!

Are they a particular brand ?

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2005, 12:05:57 pm »
I planned for a 2' minimum and after living with the spa now for 10+ months, I feel comfortable with this minimum and no less. 8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2005, 01:21:16 pm »
Thanks for the replies.  I have limited space so I wanted to make sure since I am still shopping.  I was just trying to figure out what I should allow as my maximum spa size.

hotubinn

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2005, 10:22:51 am »

Are they a particular brand ?

Some of these brands are discussed on the forum, I am an independent contractor and would rather not mention name brands.  Good Luck!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2005, 10:22:51 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42