What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis nightmare  (Read 3845 times)

busdude

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Marquis nightmare
« on: April 30, 2005, 09:51:51 pm »
I've been writing "I hate my new spa" - "I love my new spa" but mostly just whining cos my new Marquis wasn't very powerful. Finally in desperation I emailed Marquis directly and complained about my barely moving jets (especially when one zone was on cos the rest didn't move). Everybody was telling me that the jets have to focus their power on once section. Well Marquis got me in contact with the service guy who came out. At first he was just like the rest telling me the jets were all working and when I told him I wanted my $1,900 six year old Balboa back from the landfill he wasn't real responsive. So I told him to go ahead and put in a new 160 gallons per pump and two minutes later he knocked on my door with good news. First the slice valve wasn't on all the way and when he turned them both on correctly the water swirled like a Marquis is supposed to swirl - what a difference. Then he discovered the electrician hadn't converted the spa internally so the heater was still running on a 110, and finally, when I asked him to show me the light on the ozinator he discovered it wasn't working. So now the spa retains its heat, has fabulous het action, and the ozinator is working so I will probably notice an even cleaner spa. The service guy was a little disappointed that the delivery guy didn't check this when I complained and I'm a bit sorry the salespeople didn't know enough about their product to notice this in the showroom. But bottom line is, the spa is great, it pays to complain, and Marquis is very responsive to customer complaints. My Marquis nightmare is finally over and I don't have to start saving up money for a new spa. The Marquis is trully a great spa but make sure the vale is turned on (even in the showroom).

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis nightmare
« on: April 30, 2005, 09:51:51 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Marquis nightmare
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2005, 09:54:22 pm »
Enjoy your "new" spa!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2005, 11:44:39 pm »
I am Happy to hear your troubles have been taken care of.... In watching your posts I was having hard time understanding why you were having the problems since you had wet tested the spa.....but now it makes sense....but do you think you can change the title of this thread....sounds horrible for those who don't read the whole story.....

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Marquis working!
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2005, 11:58:57 pm »
.but do you think you can change the title of this thread....sounds horrible for those who don't read the whole story.....

A reasonable request that I will leave up to the original poster.  To Busdude, congratulations on getting through it!

Note to Mendo, you can change the title of your reply. If Busdude, changes his title, yours will remain as is.   I think so anyway, its late, I've already taken my Ambien. Butterflies are nice.  Mom made great cinimmon roles. Can you smell red?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2005, 08:53:46 am by admin »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

J._McD

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2005, 11:31:29 am »
Another happy ending in spa land ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sometime we can't see the nose on our face!

busdude

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2005, 03:04:50 pm »
I'd be happy to change but don't know how to change the orignal title so feel free . . . But keep in mind, it was a nightmare, just one created by the dealership, not Marquis.

The spa was the same during the wettest but the salespeople who don't know Marquis very well insisted it was the 110 current. Had they known Marquis like the service guy they would have checked it out. Marquis ought to have a checklist for dealers who are also experts in pool tables, furniture, etc.

I waited a month to find out a silly problem. Had I not insisted on a new pump (my family just said let it go) I'd still be miserable.

Newbies like me out there ought to know how our lack of savy know-how keeps us in the dark. The dealer is worth their weight in gold (those on this forum anyway) and the service guy is the true Spa God. Marquis customer response is also top notch.

If the name is kept more people will read it and maybe a spa nightmare will be avoided in the future for us spa lovers.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Yeah Marquis!!
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2005, 05:40:03 pm »
Because I've been involved with this one I thought I would throw my 2 cents in....

Having the title "Marquis Nightmare" with the message body praising Marquis efforts is actually a positive, anyone looking at Marquis would be enticed to read it and see how well Marquis handels situations. Although I would not be opposed to Bill changing it to "Yeah Marquis!" nor do I think budsdude would mind!

I knew that once Marquis got involved it would all work out...

Now, I just got back from a 7 day Caribbean cruise and everything is still swaying so I'm going to stop looking at the screen!

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
Re: Yeah Marquis!!
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2005, 12:51:34 pm »
Now, I just got back from a 7 day Caribbean cruise and everything is still swaying so I'm going to stop looking at the screen!

I'm sure the Caribbean has now been changed forever! ;D
Welcome home, bubba.....
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

alwaysperky

• Hail the flashlight king!
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2005, 07:24:25 pm »
Did the dealer contact you to apologize for the lack of service and your terrible inconvenience?

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
This has  been modified
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2005, 07:45:46 pm »
I'd be happy to change but don't know how to change the orignal title so feel free .

You can modify any of your posts, including the title by clicking on Modify.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
Re: Yeah Marquis!!
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2005, 07:49:36 pm »

365 days from now,  I will be in St Thomas on a Royal Carribean cruise ship celebrating our 25th!  Take a while to get your land legs back?

busdude

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2005, 08:38:52 pm »
Actually the owner of the place never once called to see what was happening. I couldn't even get the original salesperson to call me back. I found out today, from Marquis that the service guy they sent out (who wasnt' very nice in the beginning) is the owner's son. This after I gave him a $65 tip. But I learned a lot about doing business with companies. For some, it's just the profit. That's all the service guy did was cry about his cost of the pump. But for some dealers and salespeople, like the ones who post on this site, service and knowledge of your product are just part of doing something you love and loving the product. One post on this site complained about salesman who talked about stuff like the cover strong enough for dancers. Well, that's what I want, someone who is passionate about their products. Look at the tons of advice they pass on. No one is paying them.  Enough soap box. The spa is great. Choose your dealer really carefully and make sure they know more about spas than pool tables and patio furniture.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2005, 08:38:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42