What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa Vacuum?  (Read 3997 times)

brewski

• When in doubt bathe naked!!!
Spa Vacuum?
« on: April 18, 2005, 12:13:55 pm »
 ???

I seem to recall reading on this forum that there are different models or types of vacuums available specifically for cleaning a spa. Can anyone here recommend a particular brand or model for me and give me a little pricing information? Did you buy your vacuum from a spa dealer or another sort of retailer?

Thanks all for your help.  

Hot Tub Forum

Spa Vacuum?
« on: April 18, 2005, 12:13:55 pm »

J._McD

Re: Spa Vacuum?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 01:33:57 pm »
Hand held "grit gitter" approx $30
Hose connected "spa-vac" approx $40
Polaris hand pumped "spa-wand" approx $70

Best recommendation, towel or rug on top step to wipe feet before entry.  The grit comes in on your feet.

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 03:49:57 pm »
If you're already in the spa, a good old turkey baster works fine for sand and most grit. ;)

Spahappy :D

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 04:02:38 pm »
If you're already in the spa, a good old turkey baster works fine for sand and most grit. ;)

Spahappy :D

That's basically how the Grit Gitter works except that it has a one-way valve to keep the crap in it. It may look like a toy and may seem like more $$ than you want to spend but in its defense, it's a one time purchase of an item that does work well.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Soakin

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 05:07:42 pm »
Not too long ago, Chas described a simple siphon that he puts together from PVC fittings and garden hose.  Search for garden hose and you should find it.  

Spa_Tech

• Independent Spa technician

georgiapeach

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2005, 07:17:45 am »
???

I seem to recall reading on this forum that there are different models or types of vacuums available specifically for cleaning a spa. Can anyone here recommend a particular brand or model for me and give me a little pricing information? Did you buy your vacuum from a spa dealer or another sort of retailer?

Thanks all for your help.  

A couple of weeks ago, I ordered a Power Spa Vac.  I wanted something easy to use that I didn't have to hook up to a hose or whatever.  This particular one runs on batteries.  I think I paid like $69.00 for it.  It doesn't have ALOT of power, but it works great for what I wanted to use it for and that was getting grit from the bottom of the tub.... :-)

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2005, 10:24:18 am »
Check this out:
Water Blaster
Handy, can reach all areas of the footwell from outside the tub, and fun for spraying the cats (apologies to Terminator and other cat lovers here.....just teasing! ;D)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2005, 10:24:18 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42