What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi vs Cal Spas  (Read 8777 times)

chigoogs

Jacuzzi vs Cal Spas
« on: November 17, 2004, 02:15:49 pm »
I am trying to decide between a Jacuzzi J-355 or Cal Spa Classic 32 Series CA-32.  With all the info out there I am lost can someone help, Jacuzzi priced $6500, CA-32 at $7300. Help !

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi vs Cal Spas
« on: November 17, 2004, 02:15:49 pm »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re: Jacuzzi vs Cal Spas
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2004, 02:17:17 pm »
Search this board for threads on CalSpa and on Jacuzzi.

Check the reviews section as well.

HTM
Homeworks Financing Representative

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2004, 02:21:39 pm »
7300.00 for a Cal Spa....That certianly opens up a lot other options for you....What about the Cal Spa do you like....as HTM mentions do a search and read what others have shared about them.....

Jordy

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2004, 03:35:01 am »
Wet-Test both tubs before making any buying decision. Jacuzzi has a lot to offer and perhaps a better overall track record than Cal-Spas. Good Luck and have fun!!!

BIG_PAPA

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2004, 09:37:14 pm »
If you go with cal spas,you better hope nothing goes wrong with it. After reading about all the problems people have had with cal spa not standing buy there product, i would not even consider one.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2004, 10:22:37 pm »
Well after reading where your from I have to tell you that both the Jacuzzi dealer and the Calspa dealer in your area have had some major problems! Check with the BBB and go to the local courts website you will see some interesting things. Jacuzzi is hands down better of those two but I don't think I would get myself into a situation with a dealer that can't stay out of court!

Have you looked at anything else? You have very reputable HotSpring, Marquis and D1 dealers all three….

PM me if you want more info I know most of them.

Yorag

• Big Cal Spas Fan
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2004, 10:36:17 am »
You might want to read this:  

[link]http://ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff114301.htm[/link]

and this:

[link]http://ripoffreport.com/results.asp?q1=ALL&q5=CAl+Spas&submit2=Search%21&q4=&q6=&q3=&q2=&q7=&searchtype=0[/link]

The Better Business Bureau is essentially useless. I filed a complaint with them in October against Cal Spas. They do not offer any type of mediation or problem resolution. As long as the member pays their BBB dues they remain a member.
The only thing that appears on their page is that they have had complaints. Just to save you some time:

[link]http://www.bbbsouthland.org/bbb/member.cfm[/link]

(Take a look at the date of the most recent complaint)

Bottom line is...stay away from Cal Spas. They don't build a tub to last and they are backed with the worst customer service I have ever experienced.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2004, 10:50:20 am by Yorag »

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2004, 09:56:02 pm »
I see the going price on the Jacuzzi J-355 is about the $6000 mark with Delivery chems steps.....anything over make sure you get a cover lifter with it......love mine wish it would gettttttt cold so i can enjoy it a lot more.Jt :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2004, 09:56:02 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42