What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Before strenous excersize  (Read 3082 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Before strenous excersize
« on: October 22, 2004, 08:05:43 am »
All of us, or at least most of us know how great a tub feels on sore muscles, but last night I had an extra hour before heading off to my curling league.  After 2 hours on the ice, the hot tub is a required stop before bed.  I, at 45, usually spend a few minutes stretching before such activity, but last night I noticed I was already much more loose before starting and stretching went much easier.  Hey, I've hurt my self stretching before playing golf, so any advantage helps.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2004, 09:34:32 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

Before strenous excersize
« on: October 22, 2004, 08:05:43 am »

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
Re: Before strenuous exercise
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2004, 09:26:34 am »
Man, us "old" guys (I'm 51) really get a lot out of our tubs!  The cooler weather will bring back great bicycling conditions and I'll try the pre-warmup soak as you suggest.  BTW, are you a broomer or a slider?  I guess you can tell I know nothing about curling besides seeing it on TV maybe once every Winter Olympics.  Somehow it has passed us Floridians by........
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2004, 09:33:54 am »
Man, us "old" guys (I'm 51) really get a lot out of our tubs!  The cooler weather will bring back great bicycling conditions and I'll try the pre-warmup soak as you suggest.  BTW, are you a broomer or a slider?  I guess you can tell I know nothing about curling besides seeing it on TV maybe once every Winter Olympics.  Somehow it has passed us Floridians by........
 8)

I've learned there is 4 positions on a curling team and each position gets to shoot two rocks (slider as you call it) While the lead is shooting, the #2 and #3 do the sweeping.   The number 4, or the "skip"  (Think foreman if you have ever been in a union)  The lazy bastard never sweeps.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
Re: Before strenous excersize
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2004, 10:57:56 am »
Just an FYI-Hubby has an extremly bad back-he goes to a specialized neck and back clinic where they put him through a pretty tough work out.  When we got our tub, the Dr told him NOT to use the tub after the workout but before.  The reason is because the heat of the tub before the workout relaxes the muscles-just like streching and warming up.  The heat after the workout will help to inflame the muscles.  In short, use heat before strenuous workout and ice afterwords.
Minnesota Consumer
Been soaking since 7/2004

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re: Before strenous excersize
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2004, 11:13:43 am »
To stop swelling use ice, use heat to increase circulation. I am not trying to contradict the doctor. I am sure his/her advice was case specific and correct. I have heard doctors and pysioterapists recommend alternating heat and ice.

If you injure yourself: RICE Rest Ice Compression and Elevation.

After stenuous activity you may need ice or heat or both.

If you were to injure yourself during exercise the hot tub is definitely a bad idea.

HotTubMan
« Last Edit: October 22, 2004, 11:15:18 am by HotTubMan »
Homeworks Financing Representative

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2004, 12:02:06 pm »
I guess you can tell I know nothing about curling besides seeing it on TV maybe once every Winter Olympics.  Somehow it has passed us Floridians by........
 8)

You Floridians have taken quite well to ice hockey... curling should be coming soon.
e

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2004, 02:16:10 pm »
You Floridians have taken quite well to ice hockey... curling should be coming soon.

I've got my broom ready...........
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2004, 02:16:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42