What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Closing in deck for winter?  (Read 2511 times)

Gibson00

Closing in deck for winter?
« on: September 17, 2021, 10:09:56 am »
Hey all, so our back deck consists of an upper deck maybe 10-12 feet off the ground, and a platform deck at ground level underneath it where our hot tub will sit.

For those with a similar setup, do you enclose that lower deck for the winter months?  Just use clear tarps?

Hot Tub Forum

Closing in deck for winter?
« on: September 17, 2021, 10:09:56 am »

Sam

Re: Closing in deck for winter?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2021, 01:15:36 pm »
No way!  I have my hot tub out in the open and would never enclose it.  Nothing better than a light snow on a 25 degree night with my tub set at 106!  Maybe a little frost in my beard.

cranbiz

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2021, 03:00:01 pm »
I'm opposite. I like the idea of at least having some sort of wind break in the dead of winter.

My tub is on an enclosed porch. I still get the benefits of more or less being outside but have weather protection and wind protection.

Gibson00

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2021, 07:51:37 pm »
I'm opposite. I like the idea of at least having some sort of wind break in the dead of winter.

My tub is on an enclosed porch. I still get the benefits of more or less being outside but have weather protection and wind protection.

Is yours a temporary enclosure?  What do you use?
And yeah, same for me, don't need the freezing wind on my head/face, and also would like less snow drift building up on the deck that we are walking onto.

cranbiz

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2021, 09:25:59 am »
It's a porch that is enclosed with sliding glass doors, so it's permanent.

Because they are sliding doors, I can open it up and get the outdoor feel and still close it up for protection and some warmth during the winter.

CV3720

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2021, 11:22:37 am »
No way!  I have my hot tub out in the open and would never enclose it.  Nothing better than a light snow on a 25 degree night with my tub set at 106!  Maybe a little frost in my beard.

106 !   Man, I don't think I could even get in one that hot. I have trouble at even 103 (and usually set ours to 100-102).

Sam

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2021, 01:16:17 pm »

106 !   Man, I don't think I could even get in one that hot. I have trouble at even 103 (and usually set ours to 100-102).

Yeah, we're weird like that.  Obviously don't do it in the summer but once it's cold, 106 all the way!  Had to install a resister on our heater sensors to trick it into going above 104.  My new Bullfrog that should be delivered soon has an override so I won't need it on my new spa.  Can't wait to get it.  Unfortunately, our delivery department is slammed and I don't want to go in front of actual customers so I'm waiting until they get caught up.

cranbiz

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2021, 04:26:16 pm »

Me too. Thought I wanted it at 104 but wife wanted it at 102. Guess where it's set for?  8)
At 102, there are times where I can only go for about 15 minutes so I guess she was right.

A.O.

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2021, 02:25:02 pm »
Mine is out in the open as well and usually set at 104 except in the heat of the summer then 102-3. I do have an umbrella I can open over it if its raining or something.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2021, 02:25:02 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42