What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What did everyone pay for a new spa? Trying to get an idea.  (Read 10465 times)

Z28racer1

What did everyone pay for a new spa? Trying to get an idea.
« on: January 23, 2020, 02:54:53 am »
Hello Everyone,
                      I’m currently a NE Ohio resident Youngstown Area. I have been looking for a hot tub/Spa for a few weeks now. I have a couple options in my area on what local retailers sell and I have gotten some prices on a few spas. I’m currently looking for a 6 seat with a lounge. I would like to know if these price’s are fair or I should negotiate alittle more. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

So the dealers around here are: Marquis/Caldera/Hotspring all the prices will be with delivery/setup/cover and stairs.

Caldera Palantino: 7500.00
Marquis Hollywood: 6998.00
Hotspot Tempo: 7500.00

I really like the Vector 21 series but I have yet to be quoted on that line. How far off would be a V94L be in cash price. Or ever a V84L any info on that would be great.

Thank you for taking the time and reading thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

What did everyone pay for a new spa? Trying to get an idea.
« on: January 23, 2020, 02:54:53 am »

ratchett

Re: What did everyone pay for a new spa? Trying to get an idea.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 11:36:01 am »
Every dealer operates on different profit margins, and thus prices will vary greatly depending on what and where you're buying.

The dealer you buy from is just as important as the brand you buy - so make certain you can trust the service department to handle your warranty needs - read reviews online about the dealer - how do they stack up in terms of service?

« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 12:18:16 pm by ratchett »

castletonia

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 11:58:55 am »
Price varies from dealer and geographic area as well as whats included with the hot tub.  If you were my customer, I could show you a Tempo/Palatino price and it could vary by as much as $2k depending on options.

I would say pricing on the Tempo and Palatino are pretty good and could be great, again depending on whats included.  As for the Hollywood, is it a Celebrity or Celebrity Elite version?  And again, what options are included?  Marquis has a lot of options here which can swing the price A LOT.  I would expect a V94 to be between $10k-$12k with a V84 running about $1k less.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 01:10:59 pm »
Hello Everyone,
                      I’m currently a NE Ohio resident Youngstown Area. I have been looking for a hot tub/Spa for a few weeks now. I have a couple options in my area on what local retailers sell and I have gotten some prices on a few spas. I’m currently looking for a 6 seat with a lounge. I would like to know if these price’s are fair or I should negotiate alittle more. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

So the dealers around here are: Marquis/Caldera/Hotspring all the prices will be with delivery/setup/cover and stairs.

I really like the Vector 21 series but I have yet to be quoted on that line. How far off would be a V94L be in cash price. Or ever a V84L any info on that would be great.

Negotiate firmly yet politely. Once you get to the point that they won't go any lower then you know you're getting their best deal.

On the Marquis make sure you get the fully insulated option (crazy that its even an option on some, should be standard on all).
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2020, 01:44:15 pm »
Hello Everyone,

Negotiate firmly yet politely. Once you get to the point that they won't go any lower then you know you're getting their best deal.

On the Marquis make sure you get the fully insulated option (crazy that its even an option on some, should be standard on all).

Only a option on elite model

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2020, 02:01:45 pm »
Hello Everyone,

The website shows full foam insulation as an option on Elite and Vector series.

It may matter MORE in some areas than others but in the end I don't care where you live, you should want your spa fully insulated.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2020, 02:03:52 pm »
To take a much less important approach the question (as the other respondents hit the most important aspects already), I'd see what is actually spelled out in the delivery:  is it drop-off?  Or do they do a quick connect?  Do they install steps and cover lift?  Do they fill the spa, show you how to do everything, etc?

Then I'd compare steps and lifts as well.

Mind you, these are way, way, way less important to what has already been discussed.  Just giving you a bit more to digest. 

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2020, 02:19:11 pm »
Hello Everyone,

The website shows full foam insulation as an option on Elite and Vector series.

It may matter MORE in some areas than others but in the end I don't care where you live, you should want your spa fully insulated.

To be fair I would say there partial foam on standard celebrity is actually foamed better then what I have been seeing on newer full foamed Sundance and Jacuzzi tubs. At least the standard celebrity line has foam in it now. That was new for the 3rd quarter of 2019. Before that I wouldn’t even sell them

Z28racer1

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2020, 04:59:39 pm »
Thanks everyone so far with the responses. As for insulation both the tempo and Palatino would come with fibercore full blown in and the Hollywood is a half soft foam insulation. As for devlivery and setup they are all included for all three models. Here’s a curve ball I stoped in Akron yesterday and a dealer who has gotten rid of Caldera line offered me a wet floor model Utopia Niagara loaded bells and whistles that has been emptied in another location for 6,995.00 cash with stairs and cover delivered.But not installed. They are not going to be a dealers for Caldera anymore and any warranty would have to go through the manufacturer. I have a caldera dealer 15 miles from my house it’s how I got the quote on palatino. What do you guys think? It sounds like a good deal but also sounds like a headache in the long run..

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2020, 06:28:30 pm »
Thanks everyone so far with the responses. As for insulation both the tempo and Palatino would come with fibercore full blown in and the Hollywood is a half soft foam insulation. As for devlivery and setup they are all included for all three models. Here’s a curve ball I stoped in Akron yesterday and a dealer who has gotten rid of Caldera line offered me a wet floor model Utopia Niagara loaded bells and whistles that has been emptied in another location for 6,995.00 cash with stairs and cover delivered.But not installed. They are not going to be a dealers for Caldera anymore and any warranty would have to go through the manufacturer. I have a caldera dealer 15 miles from my house it’s how I got the quote on palatino. What do you guys think? It sounds like a good deal but also sounds like a headache in the long run..

Sounds almost to good to be true. What year was it made?  See if you can get serial number and I can look it up to see exactly what you are getting. As for warrantee work you would be relying on Caldera to set up any warranty work with a third party. The dealer with palatino would be under no obligation to perform any warrantee work

ratchett

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2020, 06:56:48 pm »
Here’s a curve ball I stoped in Akron yesterday and a dealer who has gotten rid of Caldera line offered me a wet floor model Utopia Niagara loaded bells and whistles that has been emptied in another location for 6,995.00 cash with stairs and cover delivered.But not installed. They are not going to be a dealers for Caldera anymore and any warranty would have to go through the manufacturer. I have a caldera dealer 15 miles from my house it’s how I got the quote on palatino. What do you guys think? It sounds like a good deal but also sounds like a headache in the long run..

That sounds awesome, but I gotta start asking about the warranty.  I HIGHLY doubt your nearest caldera dealer will truly honor a warranty for a tub sold by another dealer.  I kinda think they'll try to screw you by letting Caldera cover any warranty parts and you'll have to pay for labor from the other dealer.

As awesome as that sounds for a Utopia class spa, I'd go into it assuming warranty service would be less than stellar because you won't be getting it from the vendor you bought from.  Of course I'm just a small business owner myself, I could be full of crap.  I would certainly contact the caldera dealer and ask them how they would handle warranty service for a spa bought from another dealer - they would likely charge you call out fees at a bare minimum

Z28racer1

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2020, 07:40:56 pm »
I contacted the dealer closest to me they told me that I would have to contact Caldera Directly and they would 3rd party out a service for the work to the tub whether it be them or be someone else but I would have to pay the premium for the call out and service hours. But caldera would cover the parts because it is their warranty. So that’s the conundrum on that issue. Basically the way I see it is
: here’s what we got basically on the this it’s a 14k tub for 7k no dealer support other then delivery it comes with all the options and the stairs and cover. Any warranty work will have to be provided by caldera the company themselves which would be 3rd party from talking to the caldera dealer near me. Plus it was a wet model floor display. Should I call and get the serial number ?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2020, 09:12:32 pm »
If you get serial number at least you will see how long he’s had it for. If the tub is 4-5 years old probably not worth it. If he had it for a year sounds like a good deal.

Z28racer1

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2020, 01:28:43 pm »
Update spa was sold yesterday. :(

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2020, 02:55:48 pm »
So then I guess to get back to your original post do you know which cover lift and which step the Palatino (and tempo for that matter as they are basically the exact same spa) come with?  Price is very good one either of those tubs.  On the Hollywood assuming it's not the elite version?  What color combo, options and which step and cover lifter were they including on that one?  That price is good as well and could be very good depending on options.  I sell both Caldera and Marquis.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2020, 02:55:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42