What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 1st Time Buyer Looking for any suggestions  (Read 1925 times)

MikeM

1st Time Buyer Looking for any suggestions
« on: August 22, 2019, 07:09:05 pm »
Hello Everyone,

First time looking to purchase a hot tub.  I've read a bit on the forum and gone to one dealer so far.  I'm in Colorado and plan on using it year round so a 220 volt looks necessary.  My primary concern is getting one that offers powerful jets.  The main focus is one to hit tight muscles from head to toe and everywhere in between.  I'll get one big enough for my family (4 person tub) provided I'm not giving up powerful jets for the size of the tub.

At the one dealer I've gone to what appeared the best fit was the Vita Spa Joli model.  The salesperson was telling me that it has two pumps/motors.  One that is dedicated to the heat and the other that would be dedicated to the jets.  They didn't have one with water in it so I couldn't even stick my hand in to feel the pressure.  They had a larger 6-8 person tub there and he said that's about the same pressure as the Joli.  In reading through the message forum I've seen a wet test is always recommend.  This dealer didn't give me the impression that type of thing happens with each unit.

I welcome any ideas, suggestions, guidance.

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

1st Time Buyer Looking for any suggestions
« on: August 22, 2019, 07:09:05 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: 1st Time Buyer Looking for any suggestions
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 02:04:31 pm »
When concerned with how the jets will feel and how well you'll fit the spa, the way a spa looks and how it seems in a dry test is about 15% of the picture, the other 85% is the wet test.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 02:06:45 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Sam

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 04:42:43 pm »
I would say that there are probably better options available than Vita.  Marquis' HK jets are good and strong.  Artesian Spas' Island Spas line has super powerful jets.  I really like Dimension 1's jets too.  All of those brands are going to be built better, in my opinion.  Vita has decent jets but I'm not a fan of the way they build their spas.  Their insulation is lacking.  If you live in a cold climate you want a full foam spa, period.  Not only does full foam make the spa much more energy efficient, it cradles the plumbing which significantly reduces leaks.  Also Vita's metal frame is cheap and flimsy.  It rusts out at the penetration points. I don't like their shell design either.  In my opinion there are much better options for the money over Vita.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 04:42:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42