What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Choosing between Marquis, Caldera, and Artesian Island  (Read 3608 times)

Susanroseb

Choosing between Marquis, Caldera, and Artesian Island
« on: July 19, 2019, 10:53:45 pm »
Hello! So I’m kind of all over the place in making a decision here. I want a reliable spa with a variety of seats and jets - Not looking for crazy hard power but more variety and comfort. Usually it’s just me and two kids, but I expect to have friends over occasionally so I think a 5 or 6-person spa would be good. Also I’m not handy at all so it needs to be straightforward to maintain. I don’t need bells and whistles like music or fancy lights, but a waterfall would be nice! I definitely want a lounger and I’d like it to hit my legs and feet as well as back and neck. Too much to ask? Please share your experience and opinions! BTW I’m in Southern California.

Hot Tub Forum

Choosing between Marquis, Caldera, and Artesian Island
« on: July 19, 2019, 10:53:45 pm »

Sam

Re: Choosing between Marquis, Caldera, and Artesian Island
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 02:31:50 pm »
I'm a big fan of Artesian Island spas.  The propure plus @ease system is the easiest water management system that I've worked with over the years.  Look at the Antigua model.  You can customize it with the amount of jets and features that you want.  There are 2 different waterfalls you can get.  They are well made and reliable.  All Balboa electronics.  I actually intend to purchase this exact model.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2019, 02:39:32 pm »
I think you are looking at three good brands. Things I like about Caldera- 24 hour circ pump on paradise and utopia series tubs, freshwater salt system, tubs are super comfortable. Not overly powerful but are quite relaxing and therapeutic to be in. You can crank up seats with diverted valves to get more then enough power. Things I like about Marquis- varied seating heights meaning there is usually a seat for everybody in the tub, good power, I like the @ease inline chemical system and they are made in the USA. Haven’t seen many Artesians up close but they have a great reputation for making a very good spa. I have owned and sell both Marquis and Caldera

d00nut

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2019, 11:41:17 pm »
Look at the Antigua model.  You can customize it with the amount of jets and features that you want.  There are 2 different waterfalls you can get.  They are well made and reliable.  All Balboa electronics.  I actually intend to purchase this exact model.

Genuinely curious Sam, why the switch from Bullfrog?  Sell both and show love to both?  Or something else?  Curious!  ;)

Sam

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2019, 02:45:19 pm »
I currently sell a few brands (Artesian and Bullfrog included) but I also give love to other brands too.  I still love Bullfrog but I think if I were buying today I'd get an Island Spa.  I flip flop a lot though.  Quite a few brands have certain things they do better than anyone else.  I think Hot Spring has the best looking spas out there right now.  D1 has some really cool, unique features.  Marquis has some cool stuff.  Bullfrog has a couple of jetpaks that have the best jetting I've experienced.  I go back and forth.  If I could combine a few features from a few brands it would be perfect, lol. 

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2019, 06:44:15 pm »
Have you considered upgrading to an Island Elite?  Or is that not quite in the price range?  I admire that particular product line from Artesian Spas when factoring in bang for your buck.  Just curious is all.  Most of the people on this forum would concur that the 3 brands you're looking at are of quality so I'd wet test and investigate the dealer for the best course of action on which is the right brand / unit for you and your family.

Good luck moving forward.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2019, 06:44:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42