What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Trying to choose hot tub  (Read 4663 times)

needspa

Trying to choose hot tub
« on: July 13, 2019, 08:45:45 pm »
Need an advise regarding my selection:

Caldera Tahitian vs Hotsprings Aria

Which one is more reliable and better quality?
I have some doubts about moto massage.

Both have same salt system - almost same size and features - except Aria claims 100% water filtration + it has retractable remote control - which is convenient. Price difference about $1k (Aria is more expensive)

From layout and seats - both feels good - may be Tahitian lounge is slightly better (for elbow - bigger 'lip').

Hot Tub Forum

Trying to choose hot tub
« on: July 13, 2019, 08:45:45 pm »

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: Trying to choose hot tub
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2019, 01:06:27 pm »
if you 'like' the Tahitian just as much I'd probably save the cash, even though the Caldera is built in Mexico and the Highlife in the US they are both under the 'Watkins Umbrella' so quality should be on par for both units as they oversee manufacture of both spas.  The water filtration doesn't mean much, with regular spa maintenance/filter cleanings both spas will keep the water crystal clear...the remote is nice until you accidentally break it and it's $700+ to replace it

d00nut

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 01:31:53 pm »
More seats in the Tahitian, but the Aria has a flat step to climb in on.

I just sold my Grandee, and sell both the Caldera and Hot Spring line.  I got the Aria for the step.  Plus I like the look more, but that is a personal preference.  My kids are little, and my wife really likes the Cool-down step.

Again, that is completely a personal preference.

It's worth noting that my kids are 2 and 5, and I have yet to break the remote, which you could say is remarkable.  In fact, in the last two years, I've only had 2 remotes that weren't covered by warranty.  One because a guy sat on it climbing in the spa, which you shouldn't do anyway (a regular control panel.)  The second, because a guy bought a different aftermarket cover, which is normally fine, but he did the absolute worst job measuring what he needed, and had the cover literally putting all it's hinge weight on the remote, which caused it to constantly restart, which eventually killed it.

needspa

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2019, 03:06:05 pm »
Thank you guys... Looks like I will stay with Tahitian.

castletonia

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2019, 08:03:48 pm »
As a dealer of both, I don’t think you can go wrong with either.  I’m a huge fan of the Moto-massage and the Aria personally, but you have to go with the tub that is more comfortable to you.

In my opinion, filtration is better in the Aria.  Are these from the same dealer?

needspa

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2019, 02:46:37 am »
In my opinion, filtration is better in the Aria.  Are these from the same dealer?
Yes - same dealer.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2019, 10:38:10 am »
Yes - same dealer.

At least you won't get any negative salesmanship that way where they promote their own product by demeaning your other choice!  ;)

Go with your gut at this point assuming you've wet tested already.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2019, 11:17:54 am »
From layout and seats - both feels good - may be Tahitian lounge is slightly better (for elbow - bigger 'lip').

Sounds like you did wet test both.  Go with your gut.  Both tubs are good tubs go with the one that fits you better.  Filtration is plenty adequate on a tahitian

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2019, 11:48:35 am »
Thank you guys... Looks like I will stay with Tahitian.

Let me give you a belated Welcome to the forum. Let us know when delivery is and how that goes. Congrats.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

needspa

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2019, 10:33:36 am »
Let me give you a belated Welcome to the forum. Let us know when delivery is and how that goes. Congrats.

Thank you - will do. As for now it's about ~4 weeks wait time - looks like everybody buying hot tubs :)
But good for me - plenty of time to prepare.

needspa

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2019, 05:36:50 pm »
Finally I done with little renowation project and spa was delivered.

Need to plugin and deal with fresh salt water kit :)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 05:40:29 pm by needspa »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2019, 09:14:20 pm »
That’s a cool setup

Sam

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2019, 04:44:03 pm »
Yeah, beautiful spa area!  I love it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2019, 04:44:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42