What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog R5L vs Marquis Vector 65L vs Master Spa Healthy Living 628L  (Read 6599 times)

MKhottub8

Any thoughts on which tub above is better? Looking to spend no more than $6500.

Thanks in advance!

R5L-$6500-lifter, ozone, steps, free delivery
Marquis-$6500-lifter,ozone, steps delivery
Master Spa HL-$6500-lifter,ozone, steps, circ. pump delivery

Hot Tub Forum

castletonia

Based on mfg reputation, Bullfrog and Marquis are a class above Master Spas.  That being said, you need to factor in the dealer and which spa is more comfortable for you.

d00nut

Again, it makes it easy.  All the same price... what deal will take care of you best long term?  Have you test soaked them?  The spa itself is roughly half of your decision, the dealer is generally the other half.  Now if it is all the same dealer, and you like them, they got a good track record... then test soak. 

Sam

The Bullfrog will  have the best warranty and insulation of the group.  As stated, manufacturer reputation of Bullfrog and Marquis is much better than Master.  I personally think Bullfrogs jetting is phenomenal but I haven't personally felt the newer Vector jets so I cannot attest to them.  I've heard good things.  The healthy living spas are on the lower end of Master's lineup and have a lot of bullet jets or euro jets which don't offer much in the way of therapy, in my opinion.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
If you order the Marquis full foam it’s every bit as good as bullfrogs. Definitely a step up from masters insulation. Bullfrog with have a 5 year warranty on equipment versus 3 on vector. Actually it doesn’t say Vector Marquis. Which Marquis are you looking at?

Sam

vector 65L is in the title.  Also, I saw a video of a "full foam" vector and there were tons of gaps with no insulation and you could see the underside of the shell.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
It’s full when it’s added. It’s about what a jacuzzi/ Sundance is when you don’t order the option. I’ve seen plenty in person. Can’t get anymore insulation in them

MarKee

Hey Sam, if it’s the Chris Wheatley video I’m thinking that you saw, that was a standard version that was not ordered with upgraded insulation. When you add the full Icynene foam (inexpensive option), it will be the same insulation as the Marquis Signature Series, which will look something like this if you tear a siding panel off:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/145712486@N02/shares/Mp29JS

Sam

Re: Bullfrog R5L vs Marquis Vector 65L vs Master Spa Healthy Living 628L
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2019, 02:05:22 pm »
Hey Sam, if it’s the Chris Wheatley video I’m thinking that you saw, that was a standard version that was not ordered with upgraded insulation. When you add the full Icynene foam (inexpensive option), it will be the same insulation as the Marquis Signature Series, which will look something like this if you tear a siding panel off:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/145712486@N02/shares/Mp29JS

Thank you for the information.  I did not intend to mislead anyone.  I've always respected Marquis as a manufacturer.

MarKee

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2019, 12:34:56 am »
No offense taken Sam!

MKhottub8

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2019, 05:47:31 pm »
Thank you for the advice.

I am leaning towards a Nordic Retreat MS-ozone, thermal wrap, cover lifter, steps and delivery for $5K.

Is this a fair price?

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2019, 01:07:35 pm »

I am leaning towards a Nordic Retreat MS-ozone, thermal wrap, cover lifter, steps and delivery for $5K.

Is this a fair price?

Yes, that is fair, I sell it for just a couple hundred more but typically include the 'Northern Lights Package' on top of what you have listed above...great little spa, just actually pulled one off my sales floor for delivery today about an hour ago lol

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2019, 01:27:30 pm »

Is this a fair price?

Yes Fair price.  I'm $299 more for same package

MKhottub8

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2019, 09:57:36 pm »
Is upgrading from the Bellas MS to the Bella SE worth an extra $750????

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2019, 11:00:21 pm »
Is upgrading from the Bellas MS to the Bella SE worth an extra $750????

Bella?  That does come in a SE version.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2019, 11:00:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42