What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First hot tub  (Read 22468 times)

Ralith

Re: First hot tub
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2019, 04:14:51 pm »
That's Grandee right? Prism doesn't have abs pan?

I need to stop in and at east get some prices. How do they usually compare to Hot Spring pricing?

We did wet test today and really liked Prism and Grandee.

So far he's offered $15,900 new 2019 Prism, $13,600 2018 non-NXT show floor Grandee (not filled). Both with salt systems and cover lifters, so OTD price once you add tax.

I paid $15K including tax, delivery, cover lifter, WI-FI and ABS pan.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2019, 04:14:51 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2019, 05:17:54 pm »
That's Grandee right? Prism doesn't have abs pan?

I need to stop in and at east get some prices. How do they usually compare to Hot Spring pricing?

We did wet test today and really liked Prism and Grandee.

So far he's offered $15,900 new 2019 Prism, $13,600 2018 non-NXT show floor Grandee (not filled). Both with salt systems and cover lifters, so OTD price once you add tax.

He bought a Master Spa.  And has seemed happy with it judging by his posts.  Not a Hot Spring

I paid $15K including tax, delivery, cover lifter, WI-FI and ABS pan.

Ralith

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2019, 12:19:42 am »
So MS dealer can do $7,400 on a 2017 show room Precision 8 with lifter and steps, not filled but in show room, $8k for new one. Seems pretty good price, seems more work due to chemicals than Prism/HS salt systems. Also only 1 year warranty vs 5 year on HS Prism.

Ralith

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2019, 11:28:22 am »
And Marquis dealer quoted me $8,000 plus tax for a Woodstock model

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2019, 11:33:28 am »

That's cheap.  What options are included with that?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2019, 01:37:40 pm »
So MS dealer can do $7,400 on a 2017 show room Precision 8 with lifter and steps, not filled but in show room, $8k for new one. Seems pretty good price, seems more work due to chemicals than Prism/HS salt systems. Also only 1 year warranty vs 5 year on HS Prism.

If you are trying to compare apples to apples then you might want to look at the Twilight or the LSX tubs from Master.  I believe the Precision series is there entry level series.  That's from the Clarity series I believe.  I would compare prices on that to the Marquis Celebrity elite which has a much longer warranty and the Hot Spot line by Hot Springs which also has a longer warranty.  I will say on that precision 8 the Master road show was in my town last weekend so I went to see what they were offering.  They had that tub listed at about 11k but within 5 minutes of talking to him he was at like $6500.  Pricing is regional thing.  Rent, overhead, volume of business all plays into the pricing aspect of things.  I don't think Master is a terrible tub, I do think there are a number of better options but the way they sell them is high pressure and make it look like you are saving lots of money.  Sounds like you are dealing with a dealership so I would check there reviews and wet test whatever it is you decide on.  Also (I don't know the answer to this one) what is the insulation like on the clarity line of spas?

Ralith

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2019, 08:55:04 pm »

That's with lifter, $7800 for tub plus $200 lifter.

MS is headquartered in IN about 5 hours away from me, so I'd think my region should be low?

Clarity has full foam insulation per dealer. Unfortunately only HS dealer does wet test, Marquis and MS don't. MS dealer didnt feel the higher tiers provided as much to warrant there higher cost so he only does Healthy living and clarity (their 2 cheaper tiers).

Warranty is 7/5 years on Marquis Woodstock and HS prism/ pulse, only 1 year on MS Precision 8.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2019, 09:51:12 pm »

That's with lifter, $7800 for tub plus $200 lifter.

MS is headquartered in IN about 5 hours away from me, so I'd think my region should be low?

Clarity has full foam insulation per dealer. Unfortunately only HS dealer does wet test, Marquis and MS don't. MS dealer didnt feel the higher tiers provided as much to warrant there higher cost so he only does Healthy living and clarity (their 2 cheaper tiers).

Warranty is 7/5 years on Marquis Woodstock and HS prism/ pulse, only 1 year on MS Precision 8.

FYI Woodstock is 3 year warranty on equipment not 5. Just the same it’s a great price.

Ralith

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2019, 09:57:12 pm »
Yeah, HS is 7 year tub and 5 equipments as well. I do like the size of prism, but price is just way too much considering other options, I just hate to spend $8k without wet testing.

I do have an artesian and Caldera dealers an hour away and I they have bigger tubs like prism where MS and Marquis don't. 
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 11:50:40 pm by Ralith »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2019, 01:09:05 pm »
Cantabria is a good option as well. Pricing will probably be a little higher then the prism.

swilly1000

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2019, 09:26:42 pm »
The difference between the lower end and higher end Master spas is not in the build quality.  It's in the performance of the jets. The Twilight Series has the the high performance jetting that is great if hydrotherapy is high on your list.

Not sure why the dealer doesn't carry the higher end line or why they say there is not much difference.  Take a look at the pictures of the tubs on the Master web site. The jet size on the TS line is significantly bigger than the Precision line. Those bigger jets move a lot more water than the smaller ones and really hit the muscles.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2019, 10:15:08 pm »
The difference between the lower end and higher end Master spas is not in the build quality.  It's in the performance of the jets. The Twilight Series has the the high performance jetting that is great if hydrotherapy is high on your list.

Not sure why the dealer doesn't carry the higher end line or why they say there is not much difference.  Take a look at the pictures of the tubs on the Master web site. The jet size on the TS line is significantly bigger than the Precision line. Those bigger jets move a lot more water than the smaller ones and really hit the muscles.

I’m not sure nowadays but that wasn’t always the case. Up until 5-6 years ago I did a home show every year. Master was there and one of the tubs they showed running was a contractor series tub. That isn’t on there website anymore but that tub had almost zero insulation on it. Wasn’t sure if it was done away with or renamed something else. That dealer doesn’t do that show anymore so I haven’t really seen Masters up close since then except for on the occasional service call we do on them.

Sam

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2019, 02:38:17 pm »
Yeah, someone posted a picture recently of a "full foam" master and it was partially filled at best.  They are not insulated very well from everything that I have seen.  Back when I sold them they had even less insulation.

Ralith

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2019, 07:12:31 pm »

I think we're move into just relaxing then any specific hydrotherapy, so while bigger jets are nice, not sure how much they are worth to us. I got a quote of $10,322 plus tax for TS8.2 with lifter.

Anyone have experience with Artesian tubs? That Bimini is freshen huuuuuge!! Lol

Sam

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2019, 02:39:51 pm »

I think we're move into just relaxing then any specific hydrotherapy, so while bigger jets are nice, not sure how much they are worth to us. I got a quote of $10,322 plus tax for TS8.2 with lifter.

Anyone have experience with Artesian tubs? That Bimini is freshen huuuuuge!! Lol

Artesian is definitely a top tier manufacturer and one of my personal favorite.  You can get an awesome spa in their Island line for the range you're looking at.  The footblasters are amazing.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2019, 02:39:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42