What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help selecting correct pump  (Read 1960 times)

Termin8or23

Help selecting correct pump
« on: January 15, 2019, 01:56:30 am »
https://photos.app.goo.gl/WwmiwWckkZ64om8FA

Hello,
I’m restoring an  old hot tub that was  given me. Was told everything works, just needs a pump/motor. I measured the pvc pipe. Both of them are  2” inside diameter. The model number of the hot tub was worn off as you can tell from the picture. But I believe the numbers up top may be all I need? Would greatly appreciate any help on to what pump I might need and possibly best place to order from? Thank you so much!

If you can’t view the image, the numbers on the hot tub read
240V 30A 60HZ 1ø 3 WIRE
           MCA 38A MOP 40A
If anyone could recommend a motor or website to get one that matches these specs, I would really appreciate it so much!

Hot Tub Forum

Help selecting correct pump
« on: January 15, 2019, 01:56:30 am »

castletonia

Re: Help selecting correct pump
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 07:35:06 am »
Can you post a picture of the actual hot tub?  I’m pretty sure Viking has always used Waterway pumps, but without knowing what model Viking, I have no idea what size pump.  A picture of the interior might indicate what model and help determining what pump.

Termin8or23

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 06:36:05 pm »
Awesome thank you so much for helping. Sorry for my late response. This is the only way I know how to post pics on here so I hope you are able to view them!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7sRAAZgW3Co3HQ1E7

Let me know if it doesn’t work or if you need pictures of anything else!
Thanks again!

Sam

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 10:46:25 pm »
I can't tell from the picture the correct hp but I would bet you could use an aqua-flo (made by gecko) and I would think about 2-2.5hp would be good for those jets.  My guess is it came with a 2hp.

castletonia

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 03:37:21 pm »
I would agree with Sam.  If you have Gecko controls and they are original, then you likely had a Aqua-Flo XP2 pump since Gecko owns Aqua-Flo.  There are no diverter valves so I am thinking 2.5HP.  If you want to be certain though, I would call Viking.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 03:37:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42