What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Spring Sold by Pioneer Pools Toronto Area Help.  (Read 18456 times)

Andocrx

Hot Spring Sold by Pioneer Pools Toronto Area Help.
« on: November 11, 2018, 11:09:40 am »
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to ask if anyone owns or has any reviews on the following Hot spring spa models  Flash,  Pulse, and the Grandee.
Hot springs is one of the manufacturers we are interested and would like to hear more about them from people that purchased them before and hear about there experience with them.

Here in the Greater Toronto Area Canada hot spring spas are sold through Pioneer pools can anyone say how they been to deal with if any issues come up. 
Thanks for your help in advance.

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Spring Sold by Pioneer Pools Toronto Area Help.
« on: November 11, 2018, 11:09:40 am »

kies1

Re: Hot Spring Sold by Pioneer Pools Toronto Area Help.
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 12:22:58 pm »
Purchased a hot spring flash form my local pioneer pools. Flash is very similar to the pulse except a bit smaller. The hot tub is fantastic. Dealing with pioneer pools has been one of the best experiences I have had. From purchase to delivery to after sales all I have to say is great things. It has been a great experience and we are loving the hot tub.

Andocrx

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 02:19:16 pm »
Purchased a hot spring flash form my local pioneer pools. Flash is very similar to the pulse except a bit smaller. The hot tub is fantastic. Dealing with pioneer pools has been one of the best experiences I have had. From purchase to delivery to after sales all I have to say is great things. It has been a great experience and we are loving the hot tub.

Hi there,

Thanks so much for your response may I ask where abouts are you located and which pioneer did you use?
How long have you had the Flash for now?
Would you be open to telling me what sort of deal did you get and what was all included in the package?
Thank you

kies1

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 06:49:29 pm »
Have had the flash for about three months  now I would rather not discuss pricing but feel compared to jacuzzi and arctic spa in my area I was treated very fair for what we received. Included steps, cover, lifter system, second set of filters, delivery which was top notch and chemical kit. What I liked is I was able to use pioneer for all electrical and concrete pad install. For me this was a deal maker. They arranged everything and even pricing on electrical and concrete was very fair. Great company to deal with and when looking at hot tubs I thought hot springs was right up  there for build quality with all major brands. My wife and I liked the limelight series better the the 300 series from jacuzzi. We got the flash for about a grand less than what we were quoted a j-345 for and a lot less than the Arctic spa.

swilly1000

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2018, 08:42:00 pm »
I would rather not discuss pricing.

Why not?

bachman

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 04:45:47 am »
I would rather not discuss pricing.

Why not?

Slightly off topic but your interests and diligence might answer my question swilly. Just taking a shot at it anyways. Thanks in advance if you have some thoughts !   :)

Our tub is a 2005 Marquis Reward, Silver Anniversary. Differing from the Reward far as I can tell, it has the matching pumps (MP 160's) for rated power versus the non-S.A. that has a MP130 and MP160. I believe it has 'optional' color-fall lighting also. No idea what the list or street price was or the bump up in cost over the non SA. Do you know by chance what people paid for this model when new ?
My wife says she saw paperwork with a number around $12,000 and I'm sure if that's not an inflated quote, MSRP or "list", it was inclusive as many are with steps, chemicals, delivery / set-up etc....

I ask because I thought in some roaming around on forums, I'd seen a ref to something more like $8000. I doubt a 'step up' to the S.A. would have been more than a few hundred but not sure.

It was given to us and thus far I've accounted for;
-Professional movers/delivery $450,
-Electrician p/l - electrical run to the tub from farthest point in the house (main breaker box) with 240v 50 amp gfci and tub hook up $900
-My landscaping and supplies (free labor)- elevated terrace / patio, decorative retaining wall blocks (50) and paver stone (50), 2 cu yd fill dirt delivered , 1500# paver sand base, rental of packer, replacement wheelbarrow, new heater unit my installation $1170.
My free hot tub total is around $2520 and no complaints.

In fact, all the landscape work on my 57 year old frame and body has made me a prime candidate for therapeutic massage!
If your not careful, you'll go from wanting a hot tub to Needing a hot tub !! lol
Been up and running since Oct 28th - loving it !!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 05:59:20 am by bachman »

Michael Russell

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2018, 09:29:23 am »
I visited a Pioneer out in Kitchener during my search.  They were pretty decent and upfront in store while I was there.  I don't think I kept any pricing details. In the end I passed on them as there was no Pioneer close to my house. Further I was drawn to Hot Spring for their Salt Water Ace system. I was informed with ACE you have to replace the entire module every couple of years at a cost of about $1k. The Salt system from Arctic is a small module in the tub that is replaced and is under $200. Take this with a grain of salt. The sales guy may have been out to lunch that day.

All said, I did get an email from Pioneer yesterday...

Get a FREE Ace Salt System, valued at $1,799.00, when you buy an in-stock HotSpring Highlife Model..

Its also on there Twitter feed..

To Add to Bachmans story. I spent ALL day yesterday out building a small removable deck extension, stairs and skirting.  My soft delicate hands are all cut up and my Muscles are sore. I did soak for about an hour last night and looking forward to tonight!

bachman

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2018, 03:51:43 am »
HotSpring Highlife Model..

To Add to Bachmans story. I spent ALL day yesterday out building a small removable deck extension, stairs and skirting.  My soft delicate hands are all cut up and my Muscles are sore. I did soak for about an hour last night and looking forward to tonight!

Great, doesn't it feel you 'deserve' a hot tub now !! lol

Off topic;
Today as I looked up a 'sale price' as advertised on a Reward spa, I noted it was pictured with the big bright chrome ringed jets, similar if not the same as the waterway jets HTU videos speak highly of. It got me to thinking these company's probably bid out those kit type of things and maybe every few years it's company A or B then XYZ another time. Bicycle company's do this with brakes, derailleurs and other components that are costly one-off's but cheap in mass purchase.  I'm sure there are a number of good jets out there and maybe the chrome go on some and look better than on others.
I'm starting to appreciate the ivory or almond color jets on our tub mostly because the shell is a teal/green marbling and I think the chrome would be too much.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 02:37:31 am by bachman »

swilly1000

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2018, 06:53:39 am »
Chris from HTU told me that Master went to CMP jets from Waterway starting in 2017.  He also told me that it reduced leak failures by 70% (from, I presume, an already low number) and that the ones they chose were actually more expensive than the Waterway jets.  Without mentioning Master (for fear of inviting a hate-on) I bumped an old thread on CMP vs Waterway to seek some other opinions.

For sure manufacturers will move it around based on cost and performance, especially for components they are out-sourcing anyway.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 07:00:21 am by swilly1000 »

swilly1000

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2018, 07:12:25 am »
Slightly off topic but your interests and diligence might answer my question swilly. Just taking a shot at it anyways. Thanks in advance if you have some thoughts !   :)

Our tub is a 2005 Marquis Reward, Silver Anniversary. Differing from the Reward far as I can tell, it has the matching pumps (MP 160's) for rated power versus the non-S.A. that has a MP130 and MP160. I believe it has 'optional' color-fall lighting also. No idea what the list or street price was or the bump up in cost over the non SA. Do you know by chance what people paid for this model when new ?

I'm still a real newbie relatively speaking and can barely get my head around competitive pricing in today's market (to wit, I have posted several rants on pricing secrecy in the hot world) so would not profess to know about pricing older tubs.

But I like the way you're thinking! 😁

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2018, 11:55:41 am »
Chris from HTU told me that Master went to CMP jets from Waterway starting in 2017.  He also told me that it reduced leak failures by 70% (from, I presume, an already low number) and that the ones they chose were actually more expensive than the Waterway jets.  Without mentioning Master (for fear of inviting a hate-on) I bumped an old thread on CMP vs Waterway to seek some other opinions.

For sure manufacturers will move it around based on cost and performance, especially for components they are out-sourcing anyway.

If they did reduce their leaks by 70% 1) they REALLY had/have a quality control issue in the first place, 2) Its not about the parts but more about the process. The jet itself isn't the issue as much as is the gasket/silicone process, how you install/torque them down, how you plumb them and certainly how you prep the fiberglass... I call BS on claiming they solved their issue with more expensive jets but then again that entire HTU is a big Marketing ploy.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2018, 12:43:23 pm »
Chris from HTU told me that Master went to CMP jets from Waterway starting in 2017. He also told me that it reduced leak failures by 70% (from, I presume, an already low number) and that the ones they chose were actually more expensive than the Waterway jets.  Without mentioning Master (for fear of inviting a hate-on) I bumped an old thread on CMP vs Waterway to seek some other opinions.

LOL even if he had a way to track this (which he absolutely doesn't) It still wouldn't be believable...his vids are good for a few laughs I will say that

Sam

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2018, 01:46:55 pm »

If they did reduce their leaks by 70% 1) they REALLY had/have a quality control issue in the first place, 2) Its not about the parts but more about the process. The jet itself isn't the issue as much as is the gasket/silicone process, how you install/torque them down, how you plumb them and certainly how you prep the fiberglass... I call BS on claiming they solved their issue with more expensive jets but then again that entire HTU is a big Marketing ploy.

100% agree.  I rarely see leaks from the jets, but even when you do it typically has nothing to do with the jet itself.  It's the manufacturing process more than anything.  HTU guy is a good salesman and sounds super knowledgeable to a consumer but a lot of what he says is total b.s. and spin to sell master spas.

swilly1000

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2018, 02:07:57 pm »

How do you know that?  How do know that their failure rate wasn't 2.0% and it went by down by 70% to 0.6%?

swilly1000

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2018, 02:09:25 pm »
LOL even if he had a way to track this (which he absolutely doesn't) It still wouldn't be believable...his vids are good for a few laughs I will say that

How do you know that?  How do you know that Master didn't tell him that number themselves?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2018, 02:09:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42