What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis vs. Sundance  (Read 3829 times)

CarsonCityNewbie

Marquis vs. Sundance
« on: October 23, 2018, 11:37:24 am »
After months, we have narrowed it down to four frontrunners: Marquis' Reward and Sundance's Altamar, Hamilton, or Cameo. We seriously considered D1, Bullfrog, and Hotsprings, but eliminated them for configuration, fit, or feel. We really like the Marquis but no one in our area has the Reward model, so we can't dry or wet test it. Advice?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 12:06:09 pm by CarsonCityNewbie »

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis vs. Sundance
« on: October 23, 2018, 11:37:24 am »

MarKee

Re: Marquis vs. Sundance
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 02:58:39 pm »
The Reward is a great spa.  Having soaked in it multiple times, I'll give you some insight.  It has really powerful geyser jets in the footwell that you can reach from 3 different seats.  It also has the H.O.T. Zone HK-40 jets for the lower back, and upper shoulders, if you're trying to get some targeted therapy for those areas of your body.  If it's just 1 person using the spa, the Reward allows you to put an entire pump on your upper or lower back, and an entire pump on your feet, which is pretty awesome.  I'm 5'10" and the tub seems to fit me very well.

The DuraWood synthetic cabinet on the Marquis is superior in my opinion, there is more insulation on the Marquis, and the fit-and-finish is a slight notch above from what I've seen.

Also, Marquis is made in USA vs. Sundance made in Mexico if that matters to you.

CarsonCityNewbie

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 05:06:57 pm »
Thanks for your reply. I do prefer USA made, but am scared to buy something I can't even dry test.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 10:02:16 am »
Thanks for your reply. I do prefer USA made, but am scared to buy something I can't even dry test.

Both are good tubs with happy users.   I'm a Sundance owner, yes its made in Mexico. I have mixed thoughts on that, but creating jobs in Mexico does help to slow the flow of illegal immigration.   I'm enjoyed my Sundance for 6 years now. Replaced one filtration pump.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 10:02:16 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42