What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HELP! TC reading orange  (Read 1503 times)

nikkon99

HELP! TC reading orange
« on: September 25, 2018, 08:58:27 am »
Good Day Everyone,

We have been having troubles with our TC levels for about 2 weeks now, every time I test the TC shows up very dark green and orange(nothing close to the color scale on the bottle), I have shocked with MPS (Spa Shock) multiple times and the TC reading just wont come down. Yesterday I added 1.5 oz of chlorine granuals and ran the jets for 45 mins with the cover open. This morning I measured again and its the same thing! Of course now the FC is through the roof and all other levels are stable, PH is 7.8 TA is 120 and hardness is 250. We are using the aqua test strips for spas, we use the spa daily 2-4 ppl and shock twice a week, filters are rinsed weekly and will use a filter spray this week. The spa has been running for about a month has ozone and a mineral filter as well. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Hot Tub Forum

HELP! TC reading orange
« on: September 25, 2018, 08:58:27 am »

castletonia

Re: HELP! TC reading orange
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 01:41:35 pm »
I would either bring the water in to your local dealer to test or buy another bottle of test strips or a different test kit just to verify what the readings are.  Bad test strips do happen from time to time.  If your chlorine is in fact off the charts high, the I would add a product to lower the chlorine to an acceptable level.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: HELP! TC reading orange
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 01:41:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42