What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: does grass clog up ozone?  (Read 1605 times)

silversun

does grass clog up ozone?
« on: September 24, 2018, 11:18:22 am »
We had a kids b-day party last week. about 10 kids in and out of the hot tub most of the day after running through the yard. I found a lot of grass blades in the filter, and more in the intake.
And now I'm noticing the ozone is not producing any bubbles. I had a look at the clear plastic (and very narrow) tube that feeds the ozonator, and it does look a little discolored. I'm wondering if grass or other debris is stuck in there, and preventing the ozonator from functioning properly.

has anyone else had any experience with this, or other debris clogging up the ozone tube? I'm wondering if I'm doing serious damage but want to wait for my dealer to come take a look (service appointment is this friday).

Hot Tub Forum

does grass clog up ozone?
« on: September 24, 2018, 11:18:22 am »

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
Re: does grass clog up ozone?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 11:47:49 am »
The small line that goes from the ozone unit to the venturi (White tee in the 3/4" water line) may get discolored, but that is normal.  Sometimes that venturi can get clogged and not provide any suction to the ozone, thereby reducing or eliminating the bubbles. 

A clogged filter can also reduce the flow enough to prevent the venturi from sucking the ozone bubbles in.  You can try shutting the power off, cleaning the debris out of the spa, removing the filter, and running the spa without a filter to see if the bubble improve. If it does, time to clean/replace the filter.  If not, we would move on to trying to clean out that venturi.

silversun

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 11:34:09 am »
thanks serjicalstrike. It looks like it must be the venturi. I cleaned filters and the debris, still not bubbling. I made an appointment w/ the dealer so I'm guessing we'll know friday.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 11:34:09 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42