What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Alternatives to a Prism  (Read 3973 times)

mzinga

Alternatives to a Prism
« on: September 19, 2018, 10:21:05 am »
Just looking for some opinions here.

Wife and I recently moved had a Sovereign and now are looking to get another tub.  We have 3 kids and our boys are just entering their teen years and will be getting large I'm sure.  They also love to have friends over and use the tub which is why we were looking for a larger tub than what we had.

We really love the Prism, however it just seems like the 15.5k price is excessive for a limelight tub even though they have come a long way since we purchased our Sovereign a few years back.  We previously have had a very bad experience with Jacuzzi and the local dealer here so no way we would want to go that direction.

Any recommendations for a slightly larger tub that might not be 16k and does the price for the Prism seem realistic? 

Hot Tub Forum

Alternatives to a Prism
« on: September 19, 2018, 10:21:05 am »

The Wizard of Spas

Re: Alternatives to a Prism
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 11:29:53 am »
What brands are locally represented by dealers?  There are many brands that may work, but if you cannot find a local dealer, you're not buying that brand.  Give us a list or brands in your market after you've done your research on dealers and report back if you want the best possible feedback. 

mzinga

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 11:34:56 am »
Clearwater, Bullfrog, Maxx (Or whatever they are called now).  Jacuzzi and Cal Spa's are where I had a very bad experience.  Marquis and Caldera.  I think there may be others in the Boise area but that is what I can think of offhand.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 02:05:15 pm »
Clearwater, Bullfrog, Maxx (Or whatever they are called now).  Jacuzzi and Cal Spa's are where I had a very bad experience.  Marquis and Caldera.  I think there may be others in the Boise area but that is what I can think of offhand.

Marquis has the new V150 and Caldera has the Cantabria. Price wise they will probably be similar to the hot spring but it will give you something else to consider. HS has a $500 rebate on the pro through Monday and Caldera has a $1000 rebate on the Cantabria through Monday so that’s one way to save a bit

Chris_H

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 04:13:33 pm »
15.5 is high unless it has some sort of financing / salt / stereo attached to it.  A model with delivery, chemicals, steps, and lift should be about 1k under that.  If it includes any of the options I noted above the price is reasonable.

castletonia

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 11:31:05 am »
That $15.5k price is not too far off.  Depending on what steps are included and what is involved with delivery, I think for a cash price you might get down to $14.5k but I would be targeting $15k as a fair price for you and the dealer.  Its a big tub.  There is more cost associated with shipping and delivery than there would be with a smaller tub.  If you are ready to buy, you can take advantage of the $500 instant rebate Hot Spring is offering right now, but that is only good through Monday September 24th.

mzinga

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2018, 12:18:41 pm »
It was a cash price and was a little frustrated that 15.5 is as low as they could go.  I thought they told me the instant rebate was $1k currently.  Love the tub and it is a larger tub it just seems awfully expensive for a limelight series.

castletonia

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2018, 02:50:44 pm »
The $1,000 Rebate is for the Highlife / NXT collection. 

It's a big tub.  Yes, it is not a Highlife / NXT, but it is the largest hot tub Hot Spring's makes.  If you are looking at specs, it is also the only one that has 3 jet pumps.

Was that price including tax and the rebate?

mzinga

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2018, 02:58:08 pm »
Price was $15,499 not including tax, but include delivery, steps etc. 

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2018, 04:44:47 pm »
Price was $15,499 not including tax, but include delivery, steps etc.

Did you price out anything else?

mzinga

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2018, 04:46:25 pm »
Headed to price out the Caldera option tonight.

castletonia

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2018, 09:40:33 pm »
Cantabria should run you about $750 more than a Prism.  It is eligible for the $1,000 rebate though.

mzinga

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2018, 09:40:46 pm »
The Caldera option winds up being the same price as the prism and seems like a nicer tub.  Would that be a correct assumption?

castletonia

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2018, 10:27:32 pm »
The Cantabria is positioned as Caldera's flagship hot tub whereas the Prism is not for Hot Spring.  It is reasonable to think then the Cantabria is the superior hot tub.  I think the cabinet is nicer on the Cantabria and you will get the touch screen control panel.  Otherwise, the pumps, electronics, heater, etc are all pretty much the same.  Same insulation. 

The programmable massage sequencer in the lounge is nice on the Cantabria.  I have sat in the Cantabria but haven't had an opportunity to sit in a Prism yet.  I see the Prism as accommodating more people, I think it is superior in filtration with the dual filters, and is salt water compatible.  From a therapy standpoint, I would probably give the edge to the Cantabria. 

I sell both brands.  If you are getting a Cantabria for the price of a Prism, you are getting a better price from the Caldera dealer.  I would try to wet test each and get whichever is better for you. 

mzinga

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2018, 12:18:08 am »
Thanks a ton for the help.  We wound up getting the Caldera for 14.2k which seemed like a pretty descent deal plus we have had good previous experience with this dealer with fireplaces.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2018, 12:18:08 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42