What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: A cover...for the hot tub cover  (Read 3012 times)

gmdodt

A cover...for the hot tub cover
« on: August 17, 2018, 02:59:25 pm »
Hey

So I turn the hot tub down in the summer (VA). I want it set at 90...ambient temps are in the 90s most days.  The problem is the cover gets direct sunlight which makes the cover literally burn your hand if you touch it.  It also causes the tub to heat up far best set point...sometimes to 96 degrees.  When that happens, the tub wont filter if the set temp and actual temp are more than 3 degrees different.  I am still wrestling with making a structure to block visibility and/or the sun, but are there any other alternatives? I figure i just need to get the direct sunlight off the cover.  Draping a blanket over it may even help

Hot Tub Forum

A cover...for the hot tub cover
« on: August 17, 2018, 02:59:25 pm »

bradleyabell

Re: A cover...for the hot tub cover
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 07:46:32 am »
Hey

So I turn the hot tub down in the summer (VA). I want it set at 90...ambient temps are in the 90s most days.  The problem is the cover gets direct sunlight which makes the cover literally burn your hand if you touch it.  It also causes the tub to heat up far best set point...sometimes to 96 degrees.  When that happens, the tub wont filter if the set temp and actual temp are more than 3 degrees different.  I am still wrestling with making a structure to block visibility and/or the sun, but are there any other alternatives? I figure i just need to get the direct sunlight off the cover.  Draping a blanket over it may even help

Regardless of how often your heater is running, your tub should still be cycling and filtering like normal.  Mine runs for 4 hours twice a day.

gmdodt

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 09:15:33 pm »
Well, unfortunately it doesn't. It's a safety mechanism to ensure  water doesn't get too hot. Wish it did or I could turn off the feature.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 02:40:43 pm »
Gazebo, awning, something.
Retired

bradleyabell

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 07:49:19 am »
Well, unfortunately it doesn't. It's a safety mechanism to ensure  water doesn't get too hot. Wish it did or I could turn off the feature.

Having the tub run the filter doesn't mean the heater has to be on.  Your tub can run through it's cycles without heating at all.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 07:49:19 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42