What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bromine/chlorine  (Read 1607 times)

b_Rennan06

Bromine/chlorine
« on: July 19, 2018, 12:59:19 pm »
What bromine/chlorine do you use? I’m having problems with the correct readings. It’s always low. I’m currently using bromine tablets. It always shows very low. How can I raise the level to the correct amount?

Hot Tub Forum

Bromine/chlorine
« on: July 19, 2018, 12:59:19 pm »

gmdodt

Re: Bromine/chlorine
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 03:02:32 pm »
Bromine could be being used up to fast.  Did you add a bromine reserve at the beginning?  If not (which I didn't do the first time), then your levels probably never got up to where they need to.  When you first fill water, you need to bring bromine up to about 30ppm then shock it (to activate the bromine). Alternatively, to temporarily bring your levels up, assuming you have enough total bromine in the tub, use a shock.  That will raise levels my burning off used up bromine and "freeing" it again, which will in turn raise your levels.

Maybe you don't have enough bromine in your tub, or maybe you don't shock it enough.

Sam

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 06:09:20 pm »
I always recommend anyone on Bromine have some granular chlorine on hand to get a quick sanitizer boost when needed.  Those tablets only dissolve so fast and sometimes have a hard time keeping up with bather load.  A couple of teaspoons of dichlor can make a huge difference if you catch it early.  Once you go cloudy and funky, you'll need a lot more.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 06:09:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42