What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: new member with a few quick questions before purchase  (Read 7435 times)

HT34

Re: new member with a few quick questions before purchase
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2018, 06:58:33 am »
I figured the signature line would be going.  We pushed our hot tub purchase back now until a February 2019 order...we want it delivered for April. 

However, the e Series may not be around then, which is fine.  I do like the vector line.

I was looking at the celebrity elite series, and they look very nice.  Only thing is they don't offer a vegas in the elite line.  The regular vegas you can't get full foam insulation, so that is eliminated right off the bat.  Does anyone know if Marquis has any plans of adding the remaining two tubs (vegas & napa) to the elite line for 2019?

I may have to call them to find out because maybe I would hold off for a vegas celebrity elite, if they are making one.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 09:34:45 am by HT34 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2018, 06:58:33 am »

glancyoaks

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2018, 03:15:36 am »
Why do some people prefer the Vector Jets? Frankly, I too was impressed with the jet power in the v77.

HT34

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2018, 07:48:34 pm »
It wouldn’t surprise me.  The e-series has been around for awhile and in my opinion needs a refresh.  It looks like the new Celebrity Elite series is going to be the replacement.  Unfortunately though, I don’t have inside information to confirm.  Parts will still be available and Marquis is a reputable company so I wouldn’t be worried about it and I wouldn’t let that deter me if I was looking at an e-series.

Any update on the new celebrity elite line?  Are these a good tub, made like an eSeries?  I can't seem to find much, if any information regarding this elite line.  Thanks.

HT34

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2018, 09:54:05 am »
So we are pretty much set on a marquis.  However, can someone elaborate on their ConstantClean system.  The inline system and ozonator are options on the v84, but i assume they are both needed to be added for the ConstantClean system to be included and work properly, correct?  Is the ConstantClean system efficient?  Is the inline system and ozonator upgrade price worth it for this system? 

Is the ConstantClean system available on the celebrity  elite line, too?

Thanks, all!

MarKee

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2018, 02:14:47 pm »
ConstantClean is the name for the Marquis high-flow filtration system, which will come on throughout the day automatically and filter approximately 24,000 gallons per day.  There is also an automatic clean-up cycle called SmartClean that will filter the water automatically after each use.  All models and series have this filtration.

ConstantClean Plus is the addition of ozone and the SpaFrog Inline cartridge system.  The ozone helps to limit chemicals and I’m a big fan of the SpaForg Inline system which uses minerals (silver chloride) and a Bromine or SmartChlor cartridge to maintain the water.  In my tub at home I have this system and I am only changing a cartridge and sprinkling in a non-chlorine shock once a month.  No daily or weekly maintenance for me.

HT34

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2018, 02:27:38 pm »
ConstantClean is the name for the Marquis high-flow filtration system, which will come on throughout the day automatically and filter approximately 24,000 gallons per day.  There is also an automatic clean-up cycle called SmartClean that will filter the water automatically after each use.  All models and series have this filtration.

ConstantClean Plus is the addition of ozone and the SpaFrog Inline cartridge system.  The ozone helps to limit chemicals and I’m a big fan of the SpaForg Inline system which uses minerals (silver chloride) and a Bromine or SmartChlor cartridge to maintain the water.  In my tub at home I have this system and I am only changing a cartridge and sprinkling in a non-chlorine shock once a month.  No daily or weekly maintenance for me.

Thanks for that answer.  I wasn't aware of the "plus" portion of their system.  It sounds almost like a no brainer for that add-on. 

HT34

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2018, 04:03:11 pm »
Alright, so my wife brought up another question (so for so many!).  Is the ozonator NEEDED with the marquis inline system, or can you just use the inline system?  She isn't a big fan of the ozonator.

Also, if you only use the tub say, 2 times a week, will the inline system/ozonator not be worth it?  Or is it a good option to get one or both of these options if you don't use the tub that much?

Thanks again...I really appreciate everyone's help.  I really just want to make sure every stone is turned before we got ahead with this purchase.

MarKee

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2018, 05:26:41 pm »
It will work fine without the ozone.  I would still recommend having the SpaFrog Inline cartridge system added.  Ozone can always be added down the road, but the SpaFrog Inline system has to be added when the spa is being built at the factory (it can't be installed at a later point).

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2018, 06:41:57 pm »
It will work fine without the ozone.  I would still recommend having the SpaFrog Inline cartridge system added.  Ozone can always be added down the road, but the SpaFrog Inline system has to be added when the spa is being built at the factory (it can't be installed at a later point).

Agree with this. Skip the ozone and get the inline system

HT34

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2018, 07:33:16 pm »
Ok....that is good to know!

Can you use either bromine or chlorine in the inline system, or is it just bromine?

castletonia

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2018, 07:48:43 pm »
You can use either bromine or @ease SmartChlor, which is the chlorine.  Whether it was with Marquis or Caldera, most of my customers use the SmartChlor.

HT34

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2018, 08:37:01 pm »
So, from what I've read, if i DO NOT get an ozonator, then i should probably use chlorine as my sanitizer.  But, if i decide to get an ozonator, then bromine would be better (especially if i only use the tub 2 or 3 times a week)....does this sound correct?

One last question:

How long do ozonators typically last for? Is it something that will be more prone to failure, and become a headache having to change one out every year or two?

castletonia

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2018, 10:50:44 pm »
I’m not a fan of how bromine smells, so for me I would choose chlorine whether I had an ozone or not.  I would estimate the average life of an ozone to be 3 years.  I would personally pass on the ozone if it were me.  The ozone will only run during filter cycles which will be probably be 6 hours a day.  To me, it’s not worth paying extra for something that is only working 25-30% of the time.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2018, 10:50:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42