What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Reliable hot tub around 10K Overseas  (Read 3496 times)

seadude

Reliable hot tub around 10K Overseas
« on: June 16, 2018, 04:17:18 pm »
Hi, I live in the Dominican Republic and bought a new house that its going to be ready by December in my business we use to import a lot from florida so im planning to bring a Hot Tub in one of the containers, I need a trouble free tub because service will be tuff, my other option its to buy a local made hot tube but I don't like the idea. Im looking for something 6 to 8 people and I like the Jacuzzi J-385/J-280, Sundance Chelsee, Mckinley, Marquis Vector V94, I want to get something that I can enjoy at night after long day at the office, that last and that can be reliable. Im going to ask the factory to test it well before delivery. Do my selections are right? or its better to go with a Costco or regular brand? also when its the best time to buy it, Black Friday? 

thank you guys in advance for the feedback and any information will be appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Reliable hot tub around 10K Overseas
« on: June 16, 2018, 04:17:18 pm »

MarKee

Re: Reliable hot tub around 10K Overseas
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 07:11:27 pm »
The Jacuzzi and Sundance are made at the same factory in Mexico.  Not that they are bad spas, but it has been a common theme when speaking to people I know that sell those brands that quality is slipping and there is limited factory support.  I am biased because I sell Marquis, but out of those the 3 options I definitely think the Marquis will provide a more reliable and trouble-free experience.  Every Marquis is filled, ran, and thoroughly tested at the factory in Oregon.  If it ever breaks, give me a place to stay and I'll come fix it :)

seadude

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 12:21:09 pm »
Hi Mark, thanks for your replay and you gave me a good point that Marquis is made in USA that means duty free import (We don't have a free trade agreement wit Mexico) Also which model do you suggest for me? Remember that if get broken you are going to come and fix it, Im going to have a chilled six pack ready for you.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 01:21:32 pm »
Hi Mark, thanks for your replay and you gave me a good point that Marquis is made in USA that means duty free import (We don't have a free trade agreement wit Mexico) Also which model do you suggest for me? Remember that if get broken you are going to come and fix it, Im going to have a chilled six pack ready for you.

The Jacuzzi made in Mexico ships north to "Jacuzzi USA" and then goes to the customer. Does it matter where it was made before it shipped from the US to the Dominican?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

seadude

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 10:04:48 pm »
Spatech it depends, in my case im not really looking to save money, im looking to enjoy my evenings as much as possible but to answer your question duties are 30%, if is made in USA I can ask for a certificate of origen and get it Duty Free, if is made in Mexico it will be 30% duties unless they make a transformation in America something that I doubt. I can pay 3,000 more for a Sundance/Jacuzzi but the thing its it worth? will last longer? Im going to get more bangs for my $$$? if yes, why?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 10:31:29 pm »
Spatech it depends, in my case im not really looking to save money, im looking to enjoy my evenings as much as possible but to answer your question duties are 30%, if is made in USA I can ask for a certificate of origen and get it Duty Free, if is made in Mexico it will be 30% duties unless they make a transformation in America something that I doubt. I can pay 3,000 more for a Sundance/Jacuzzi but the thing its it worth? will last longer? Im going to get more bangs for my $$$? if yes, why?

Of course there are many other good spa brands but after your search if the question comes down to Jacuzzi vs Sundance vs Marquis I'd say they're all equally viable. If two of those come with a 30% tax that the 3rd doesn't then its a no brainer.

seadude

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2018, 11:24:28 pm »
Spatech can you suggest a few more brands that I should look? I took the most reliable or well known but im a rookie, what else do you considere that I should look for?  and thanks for sharing your knowledge and your time answering my questions.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2018, 11:04:30 am »
Spatech can you suggest a few more brands that I should look? I took the most reliable or well known but im a rookie, what else do you considere that I should look for?  and thanks for sharing your knowledge and your time answering my questions.

If you searched your area to come up with Jacuzzi, Sundance and Marquis as the local options (all viable certainly) then I have to believe that you just don't have Artesian, Bullfrog, Caldera, D1 and Hot Spring available to you because they're all well known and should come up in a search.

seadude

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2018, 04:48:41 pm »
Hi guys digging deeper found a local distributor for Hot Spring, im so happy because they are going to do the sale but more important install and give support and guarantee. Im thinking in Tempo or Pulse. They are quoting me the Vanguard NXT but checking the prices I know that are going to be way above my budget. Its a shame that only HS has a local dealer, but at lest got one. Thanks all for your help.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2018, 04:48:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42