What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis V. Bullfrog  (Read 9313 times)

Marco P

Marquis V. Bullfrog
« on: May 22, 2018, 02:27:05 pm »
So we are looking into a spa, and we were looking at either the Bullfrog A/R7 and the Marquis V94L with microsilk
Both tubs we would like to have ozone, led lighting, wifi, and on the marquis the chemical feeder. thoughts?

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis V. Bullfrog
« on: May 22, 2018, 02:27:05 pm »

castletonia

Re: Marquis V. Bullfrog
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 06:12:05 pm »
Both are quality manufacturers.  I would think that the Marquis Euphoria would be more comparable to the Bullfrog A7.  I personally would skip the wifi on either.  Unless things have changed in the last 1-2 years, Balboa's wifi module was horrible.

I would wet test the models you are interested in.  That will tell you a lot regarding whether they are right for you.  Research each dealer as well.  They are the ones taking care of you and whether the dealer is good or bad can make or break your ownership experience.

Johnnywr10

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 09:53:42 pm »
Marco, I just got a Bullfrog A8 a couple of weeks ago. Like the other poster said, definitely wet test (aka get inside one with water in it) and literally spend at least 20 minutes assessing all of the features, Jets etc. I’d say 100% make sure you try out the Oscillator jet pack when you test the Bullfrog- that thing is incredible. I’m very happy with mine so far, except for the Driftwood cabinet- there’s a single black mark on it that looks like a motorcycle burned rubber- not close to what they advertise in pictures. It’s apparently hit or miss and lots of inconsistency with that selection, so if you go with Bullfrog, I personally would recommend going with a different cabinet, unless you wanna roll the dice w Driftwood.

MarKee

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 12:02:32 am »
The V94L is a nice tub.  The Whitewater-4/volcano Jet in the center is a cool jet if you have kids for them to play around in, or something to wow your friends with. It also feels good on the bottom of your feet.  MicroSilk has been an increasingly popular option, we have an employee at our store that has eczema, and he started soaking in the MicroSilk demo model in the showroom and it literally went away! If you or any family members have any skin conditions, it might be a nice thing to have.

Marco P

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 12:17:21 am »
me being the older kid in the family of 4, we are leaning closer to the v94L.  the white water-4 jet is the main reason as we looked at masterspas, and while we didnt like their spas too much, the master blaster jets felt good on our hands. we have not wet tested and probably wont.

MarKee

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 10:34:57 am »
Not sure if you’ve seen the Whitewater-4 jet running, I just found this video that gives you an idea on the power of that jet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6wln6gMGX8

Marco P

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 12:57:35 pm »
i have! we went to the dealer and one of the floor models was a v94. i think it had the lounger, and microsilk. the whitewater jet was amazing!

MarKee

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2018, 10:50:25 pm »
Oh sweet!  What part of the country are you in?

Marco P

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2018, 01:20:30 pm »
Beaverton, oregon! their salesman was very nice, and wasn't pressuring to make a sale. he said to look around, and see different brands. we looked at master spa, and some other ones, but we really like how they are made in oregon. the V94L also suits our needs almost perfectly.

MarKee

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2018, 01:27:34 pm »
No way, small world.  I work in the back office of the Beaverton location.  If you end up getting the tub I will get some extra supplies added to your order at no charge for being a forum friend!  All of the stores in this area are actually a division of the Marquis factory, so we will be here forever to service you if there is ever an issue.

Marco P

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2018, 02:18:08 pm »
Wow! i may have even met you! I might be there saturday, so i might see you. a quick question, does larger debris get trapped in a basket, or does it go directly to the filters. is there a small basket before the pleated filters?

bradleyabell

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2018, 02:35:41 pm »
Marco, I just got a Bullfrog A8 a couple of weeks ago. Like the other poster said, definitely wet test (aka get inside one with water in it) and literally spend at least 20 minutes assessing all of the features, Jets etc. I’d say 100% make sure you try out the Oscillator jet pack when you test the Bullfrog- that thing is incredible. I’m very happy with mine so far, except for the Driftwood cabinet- there’s a single black mark on it that looks like a motorcycle burned rubber- not close to what they advertise in pictures. It’s apparently hit or miss and lots of inconsistency with that selection, so if you go with Bullfrog, I personally would recommend going with a different cabinet, unless you wanna roll the dice w Driftwood.

You should still be covered under warranty...I would take pictures of it into your dealer and ask for a replacement.

bradleyabell

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2018, 02:37:05 pm »
Beaverton, oregon! their salesman was very nice, and wasn't pressuring to make a sale. he said to look around, and see different brands. we looked at master spa, and some other ones, but we really like how they are made in oregon. the V94L also suits our needs almost perfectly.

The dealer is literally just as important or MORE as the spa selection itself as the dealer will be the one to support you/help if you ever run into issues or have questions.

Johnnywr10

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2018, 02:45:21 pm »
Of course the first thing I did was call my dealer Bradley. But Nope. Dealer said their Driftwood cabinets at the store had the same issue and I could even come look at them, and that it's a production/manufacturing issue etc etc etc. After a dozen or so emails to Bullfrog, I decided to put my fav hockey team logo over it. They reluctantly agreed they'd send me a new front cabinet but "it could be the exact same as what it looks like now" and couldn't guarantee what it would look like. They have severe production problems w driftwood and it's obvious. Brochures, online pics etc will show a grey-ish cabinet with reasonably consistent dark/black horizontal streaks here and there- and it looks good. What they are delivering to customers and to the dealers simply doesn't look that way. Zero consistency.  Love everything else about my A8.

Marco P

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2018, 04:33:59 pm »
Thats an interesting error with the driftwood panel. yeah, as I said, the dealer we talked to was super nice, willing to answer all questions, and not pressuring. same is not to say for the Master Spas salesman.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2018, 04:33:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42