What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog A7 Price help...  (Read 13261 times)

Bossy

Bullfrog A7 Price help...
« on: May 21, 2018, 09:48:45 am »
Hi folks...how much should I expect for an A7 or A7L with cover, lifter, step and installation?  The salesperson gave me a list price at $14,895 and says they "don't do deals as it cheapens the brand".  Sounds like BS to me...  With tax it will be well over 16K! Sounds ridiculously expensive to me....

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog A7 Price help...
« on: May 21, 2018, 09:48:45 am »

Thisismyname

Re: Bullfrog A7 Price help...
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 10:21:59 am »
Bullfrog pricing seems to vary greatly depending on your region.  I got my A8 last fall for WAY less than that in the Detroit area, heard from others in this group with similar experiences.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 11:43:04 am »
Hi folks...how much should I expect for an A7 or A7L with cover, lifter, step and installation?  The salesperson gave me a list price at $14,895 and says they "don't do deals as it cheapens the brand".  Sounds like BS to me...  With tax it will be well over 16K! Sounds ridiculously expensive to me....

Prices vary by area for sure but that sounds high and the reason the quote you added sounds like BS is because it is BS. Its fine to say "with all due respect, that's our best price" but isn't it convenient that they don't negotiate to uphold the brand's reputation lol. Whether or not you plan to still consider them, you would be very wise to have other options, not as a ploy but as a legit strategy. If the pricing on others is equally high so that you end up back with Bullfrog then that's fine.

Without knowing where you are, I'd suggest you use the dealer locators on the websites of Arctic, Artesain, Beachcomber, Caldera, D1, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, Marquis and Sundance to see which are local to you. Visit a few of them and you'll probably find multiple options to consider but in the meantime if you remain in contact with Bullfrog by all means let them know you're reviewing other options and in doing so you'll find out just how firm their pricing is and whether they're willing to negotiate at the expense of the brand's reputation.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Bossy

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 12:52:06 pm »
Bullfrog pricing seems to vary greatly depending on your region.  I got my A8 last fall for WAY less than that in the Detroit area, heard from others in this group with similar experiences.

Would you mind telling me what you paid for the A8?

Sam

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 12:52:42 pm »
yeah, that's too high no matter where you live.  I know there are some dealers who offer 60 months 0% interest all year long, which has a significant cost to the dealer, and just jack up their price to cover it.  Was he offering financing?

Bossy

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 01:18:31 pm »
yeah, that's too high no matter where you live.  I know there are some dealers who offer 60 months 0% interest all year long, which has a significant cost to the dealer, and just jack up their price to cover it.  Was he offering financing?

Only 18 month 0% financing. 

Sam

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2018, 03:18:11 pm »
Weird.  What part of the country are you in? 

Bossy

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2018, 04:10:43 pm »
Weird.  What part of the country are you in?

East coast metro area.  Just found a dealer farther away that is asking $12,500.   They don't have any 0% financing options though....

Thisismyname

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2018, 11:01:35 pm »
Got my A8 for $9400 including cover, lifter, delivery, chemicals.

Tub has ozonator and circle pump. Was a special order not floor model.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2018, 11:26:54 pm »
Got my A8 for $9400 including cover, lifter, delivery, chemicals.

Tub has ozonator and circle pump. Was a special order not floor model.

That’s stupid cheap. Don’t know how a dealer stays in business with prices like that.

Thisismyname

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2018, 09:35:06 am »
Well they are basically a pool company/installer.  I don't think they are looking to make a killing on tubs.  But there is another local store with very similar prices.

39lasalle

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2018, 12:02:15 pm »
We went in looking at the R7L and if I remember they wanted 8200.. we asked aboit the A series.. told us 1000 more . We walked out of there with the A series for 9K plus tax.  eta this was October 2016

Johnnywr10

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2018, 02:27:31 pm »
Here in a metro area in Texas, I got a quote for A7-   Cash price of around $10,700 before tax (I had prescription for tax exempt).   With financing, the price added 1k-2k, depending on terms.  I opted to go with A8 with financing. Sorry to hear you’re being quoted such a high figure. It’s not like you can walk next door or up the street to the next Bullfrog dealer and get a second quote , as they are very territory-ridden and are all but forbidden to poach on another dealers territory.

Sam

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2018, 02:09:11 pm »
These prices are not to be expected in most parts of the country.  Most dealers are somewhere near the mid $11k with delivery, cover, steps, ozone, circ, etc for an A7

Bossy

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2018, 11:30:25 am »
Can someone tell me what power the A7 requires?  My old Hotspring had both a 30amp and a 20 amp breakers (1 breaker for Heater and 1 breaker for pumps).  Does the A7 come with a new electric sub panel? 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2018, 11:30:25 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42