What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi brand w/ Chinese pumps?  (Read 8384 times)

mtyogi17

Jacuzzi brand w/ Chinese pumps?
« on: May 19, 2018, 07:16:32 pm »
In my search for a hot tub for my rental property in mountains of NC, I have noticed that the new Jacuzzi models are using LX pumps which is a brand made in China. I like what Jacuzzi offers in the j-210 and j-245 but the Chinese pumps turn me off. Should I just decide on Caldera Vanto, Hot Springs Rhythm, Marquis, Clearwater, or Nordic?

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi brand w/ Chinese pumps?
« on: May 19, 2018, 07:16:32 pm »

castletonia

Re: Jacuzzi brand w/ Chinese pumps?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 08:01:15 pm »
Of the brands you listed, the Clearwater in my opinion is the lowest quality.  Nordic makes a very basic, but fine hot tub.  I don't put it on the same level though as the Jacuzzi, Caldera, Hot Spring, and Marquis.  Buy the hot tub that is best for you and from the dealer you trust the most.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 06:20:08 am »
In my search for a hot tub for my rental property in mountains of NC, I have noticed that the new Jacuzzi models are using LX pumps which is a brand made in China. I like what Jacuzzi offers in the j-210 and j-245 but the Chinese pumps turn me off. Should I just decide on Caldera Vanto, Hot Springs Rhythm, Marquis, Clearwater, or Nordic?

Are you sure the pumps are made in china?
Retired

mtyogi17

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 05:37:44 pm »
Tman122 Yes, I have seen the pumps. They are Guangdong LX pumps from China. I have pics on my phone, not sure how to upload them. The showroom had a tub with panels off to view pump compartment. I also looked inside other tubs. Is this something to be concerned about and just move on from Jacuzzi or keep them in my search?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 05:59:50 pm »
Tman122 Yes, I have seen the pumps. They are Guangdong LX pumps from China. I have pics on my phone, not sure how to upload them. The showroom had a tub with panels off to view pump compartment. I also looked inside other tubs. Is this something to be concerned about and just move on from Jacuzzi or keep them in my search?

Was it a true Jacuzzi brand? Some people like to call them all Jacuzzi.
Retired

mtyogi17

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 08:14:09 pm »
Tman122 Yes, real Jacuzzi brand at 2 very large Jacuzzi brand dealers. Real Jacuzzi brand hot tubs using Guangdong LX pumps from China.  Saw it with my own eyes. You seem to doubt what I am saying.

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2018, 02:24:06 pm »
Do you dislike the Chinese motors aspect b/c the product is made overseas?  If so- Jacuzzi is made in Mexico.  Just tossing that out there.  To some- that is important. To others, not so much.

mtyogi17

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2018, 05:22:14 pm »
My concern is with the quality, reliability, and longevity of the Chinese Guangdong LX pumps vs. American pumps. Check my original post. I know Jacuzzi and Hot Springs are assembled in Mexico. My research shows that Jacuzzi may have been using Chinese pumps since 2009. Would you buy a hot tub with Chinese pumps? Do any of you professionals have experience with them?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2018, 05:28:26 pm »
I didn’t know that Jacuzzi was using guang dong or whatever they are for pumps. I still think they make a decent tub but there are others I would pick before Jacuzzi.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2018, 09:51:01 pm »
  If you like the Jacuzzi buy it.  Stop sweating the small stuff, if it's that big of a deal buy something else.   We sold Jacuzzi from 2003 to 2014.   I get very few call to replace the pump.  Actually call it the motor that runs the pump/impeller head. 

That said the J235 and J245 were/are very good running price point spa's.

mtyogi17

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2018, 10:06:55 pm »
Thanks Jacuzzi Jim. That's the kind of feedback I am looking for. Any experience with round j-210?

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2018, 11:51:19 pm »
 Round is round, most every brand is very similar in size and pump.  Not the most comfortable, but if you just into soaking they are pretty good. Most also have a fantastic whirlpool jet.   I sell maybe 3 a year.  Sometimes the simplest spas seem to have the lesser of problems that any brand can have.  Chinese parts or not.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2018, 06:19:29 am »
I'm disappointing about the Chinese pumps. Not because I think they are bad pumps but because Jacuzzi used to have the best pumps proprietary to them.

Since 09 tells me I have been away from a Jacuzzi brand for a long time.
Retired

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2018, 10:26:59 am »
Do you dislike the Chinese motors aspect b/c the product is made overseas?  If so- Jacuzzi is made in Mexico.  Just tossing that out there.  To some- that is important. To others, not so much.

I don't want to get into a whole illegal immigration debate here, but I've figured a few good jobs over there can't hurt.  My only disappointment with my made in Mexico tub was 1. Sloppy looking wiring. (Everything works, so it was wired right)  2. Left over sawdust inside the cabinet that wasn't cleaned up prior to shipment, but the tub is still good.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2018, 12:00:05 pm »

I don't want to get into a whole illegal immigration debate here, but I've figured a few good jobs over there can't hurt.  My only disappointment with my made in Mexico tub was 1. Sloppy looking wiring. (Everything works, so it was wired right)  2. Left over sawdust inside the cabinet that wasn't cleaned up prior to shipment, but the tub is still good.

No worries- And wasn't trying to stir the pot either.  I work for a manufacturer based in the US and it is nice to employ people in the city where I reside.  But I also don't tell people how to spend their money and to each there own so I don't press the issue.  And we all know that not everything you can buy in the industry is going to be made in the USA, no matter how hard you try.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2018, 12:00:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42