What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New here  (Read 2656 times)

Dougstermd

New here
« on: May 19, 2018, 05:27:50 pm »
Wifey wanted a hot tub she was looking a a little plug and play unit a friend had for sale. I ended up picking up a hot springs grandee for about $50 bucks from some one in the neighborhood. I know it needs a new heater.

1) can I bypass the heater and just temporarily plumb the heat circulating pump and run the tub to check out the rest of the equipment.

2) I want to place the tub with the equipment side facing away from my existing deck but that puts the control panel in an akward spot.

I have not finished the final wiring yet because I’m not sure of my final orientation. I will try to upload a picture but these message boards always give me difficulties loading pictures

Hot Tub Forum

New here
« on: May 19, 2018, 05:27:50 pm »

Dougstermd

Re: New here
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 05:34:06 pm »
Advice on loading pictures from my phone?

Dougstermd

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 05:50:31 pm »
So maybe this is not the right forum to ask this question? Or do I need to research post on resurrecting older hot tubs?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 06:18:26 am »
Wifey wanted a hot tub she was looking a a little plug and play unit a friend had for sale. I ended up picking up a hot springs grandee for about $50 bucks from some one in the neighborhood. I know it needs a new heater.

1) can I bypass the heater and just temporarily plumb the heat circulating pump and run the tub to check out the rest of the equipment.

2) I want to place the tub with the equipment side facing away from my existing deck but that puts the control panel in an akward spot.

I have not finished the final wiring yet because I’m not sure of my final orientation. I will try to upload a picture but these message boards always give me difficulties loading pictures

Yes you can bypass the heater to check function of everything else. But until its heated to temp you won't be certain it functions properly.

As long as you can operate the tub the control panel can be anywhere.
Retired

Dougstermd

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 06:19:05 pm »
Thank you for the reply. Since I already know I’m in fo a heater. I was thinking of buying a retrofit kit. With new controls. Being an 18 year old hot tub I expect to have control issues at some point. Anyone have experience with the retro fit controllers and heaters

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 06:19:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42