What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera Geneva (Utopia Series ) vs Hotspring Envoy (Highlife Series) Which One?  (Read 3442 times)

Aquatub88

Hello All-  I am new to potential hottub ownership and looking to see if anyone has compared Caldera Geneva to the Hotspring Envoy, both manufactured by Watkins Company?  The two tubs seem very similar but what should I consider between the two lines?
Is there any real pricing out there for New York/ Southern Connecticut since the MSRP really doesnt tell you anything.
I imagine there is a lot of margin in tubs and looking for someone that will offer an aggressive pricing for moving a unit and gaining a customer.  Thanks in advance.

Hot Tub Forum

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Hello All-  I am new to potential hottub ownership and looking to see if anyone has compared Caldera Geneva to the Hotspring Envoy, both manufactured by Watkins Company?  The two tubs seem very similar but what should I consider between the two lines?
Is there any real pricing out there for New York/ Southern Connecticut since the MSRP really doesnt tell you anything.
I imagine there is a lot of margin in tubs and looking for someone that will offer an aggressive pricing for moving a unit and gaining a customer.  Thanks in advance.

As far as what spa to purchase, it really should come down 1) to which feels best in a wet test, B) does one dealer give you a better gut feel that they'll be there for you after the sale and c) of course what kind of deal you can get.

To get the best deal you should be polite but firm that you're shopping around and you need their very best price/package deal. You can certainly add that you'll work with them to get their best deal such as considering colors they already have in stock or if its not in stock letting them know you'll be flexible on timing so if they have to order from the factory they can order at a time when they have others to order because they may get better shipping if they can bundle it with others for a more efficient load.

When they give you their "best price" you can certainly still counter to see if its really their best deal and sometimes when they give you a final price and won't budge on lowering price you can sometimes get an agreement for them to through in a few more chems or even get some store credit for future chem needs.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

bud16415

Both tubs are great tubs. We have the Geneva for about 3 years now and are very happy still. Test them both and one will call out your name.

castletonia

Pricing is 100% dependent on your dealer and local market.  I sell both Hot Spring and Caldera.  My prices are almost identical for a Highlife Envoy and the Geneva.  You really need to wet test each to see what fits you best. 

Now, I don't display the Envoy anymore, instead I display the Geneva (for me it outsells the Envoy 3-1).  I just had a customer with the same dilemma as you.  They saw an Envoy at a different dealer and dry tested it and for the most part liked it.  Came up by me and saw the Geneva and after a dry test really liked the captains chair and roominess of it.  They wetested a Cantabria due to the similarities and also a Hot Spring Grandee.  They liked the Cantabria, but didn't love it.  They loved the Grandee and the Moto-Massage and bought it. 

A wet test is important when considering a lounger.  My customer had given no thought to the Grandee but because I had it filled they decided to try it.  Based on just a dry test, they would have went Geneva.  Now, I'm not saying they would have been disappointed, just that the wet test helped them make a better decision.

Aquatub88

Thank you, I really appreciate your advise.  Next stop will be the wet test.

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42