What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: hot tub benifits  (Read 2019 times)

wetman

hot tub benifits
« on: February 17, 2018, 01:42:38 pm »
I am still deciding if a tub would be  helpful for really tight muscles? I had a hip replacement back in Sept. 2017. Even with physical therapy I have a constant stiffness and tightness in my butt and leg. maybe a tub would help?  Or am I just trying to justify my want?

Hot Tub Forum

hot tub benifits
« on: February 17, 2018, 01:42:38 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: hot tub benifits
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 02:14:21 pm »
I am still deciding if a tub would be  helpful for really tight muscles? I had a hip replacement back in Sept. 2017. Even with physical therapy I have a constant stiffness and tightness in my butt and leg. maybe a tub would help?  Or am I just trying to justify my want?

Muscle soreness is certainly the kind of thing a hot tub is best for.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 05:24:31 pm »
 Yes it would probably help, dang sure wouldn't hurt.  That said your also only 5 months from having the surgery.   When I had my knee replaced, it was good year before things felt normal again. 

bud16415

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 08:01:00 pm »
Do you feel better in a hot bathtub? Hot shower?

Heat alone helps with a lot of pain. Quite a few people here use their tub as much without jets as they do using them. We often get in and start out with jets for 15 minutes or so then shut them off and just enjoy soaking in the hot water.

Some people just sit in the tub and soak others let the water warm them and then use the tub like water therapy for stretching. I do that as our tub is good size and with one or two it has lots of room. It is much easier to stretch when you are warm and less in pain and with the pressure of the water less chance of injury I think.

We all try and justify the cost of an expensive thing like a hot tub. Sometimes you just have to tell yourself you deserve a gift to yourself and do it. 

Cora5

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 10:22:28 pm »
Our local YMCA has a whirlpool that people swear it helps them with their joint pain and stiffness. I'm certain that it also helps to alieviate a lot of stress. For these two reasons alone out weights the cost of ownership of a spa. I know that it helps me relax.

Look at it from a perspective of it providing you a value that you really can't put a price on in terms of benefits you gain for your health. You want to maintain your mobility.

Chartreux

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2018, 02:21:52 pm »
I had knee surgery in 2015 and sometimes and only thing that helps is sitting on the corner of my hot tub and letting the jets full on in my hot tub hit my knee. Of course my husband supports me.
Other times ice helps.
When your up to it you should go and give a wet tests on Bullfrog, hot springs, Jacuzzi,  sundance and Marquee...
For RA both Ice and Heat or Heat and Ice combo punch works good...I really love the lounger, others hate it...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2018, 02:21:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42