What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: coolzone  (Read 16311 times)

Blane

Re: coolzone
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2018, 07:05:40 pm »
The thing with the capt chair for me is that I couldn't 'relax' in it. 6'0".. to keep my feets in the well where the foot jet is located, my knees were too bent. To stretch out my legs like I likes to do, my feets extended over the 'lounge' section almost to the side. And with another person in the lounge it becomes stacking feet - not cool. As for the shape of the lounge - yeah is it really humped for sure, not my cup of tea, but wife likes it - her tub. I did like the moto action. The Aria model allows me to fully extend my legs into the well while sitting across from the lounge, and there are 2 jets at that location. Having my knees bent is not at all relaxing to me. Overall, I thin the Aria is a well thought out plan. The Envy with the captain's seat seems just gimmicky and a selling point for the 'wow' factor of having a "captain's seat". But for people with the right build it could be bliss.

One thing for sure, it seems to have about 'half' the power as the old Marquis does - the 2000 Marquis model was the katz azz - but it is sufficient to do the job. And getting a '17 for about 3K less was the final factor. I'm sure we'll enjoy it for a long time.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2018, 07:05:40 pm »

castletonia

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2018, 01:41:55 pm »
I don't think I would call a captains chair gimmicky as it does have a purpose.  But, as you said, it all comes down to fit.

Having sold Marquis from 2014-2017, I'm not sure I would agree with the more power aspect.  I personally do not think Hot Springs has the strongest of jets, but as we all know, more power does not equal better therapy.  I do think that Marquis allowed you to concentrate more power to an individual seat though and in the case of the H.O.T. Zone jets, they are stronger, but you are also turning off a lot of other jets to accomplish that.  At the end of the day, it is a matter of personal preference.  It's too bad your Marquis dealer had their flaws which resulted in you not getting another Marquis.  Your Aria is a great hot tub that will provide you many years of enjoyment.

Blane

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2018, 12:38:28 pm »
Regardless of anything, I miss the old spa but I'm sure we made a good choice. I have nothing but good comments to say about the Marquis spa I owned for 16+ years - exceptional spa. I'm sure I will feel the same way about the hotsprings spa I am getting installed. It's like losing an old flame... The next one may be perfect in every way, but just not the same.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2018, 12:38:28 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42