What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: From Hot Springs to Bullfrog (Grandee to A7)  (Read 3910 times)

Astropin

From Hot Springs to Bullfrog (Grandee to A7)
« on: February 08, 2018, 08:49:02 pm »
Well we just pulled the trigger on a new Bullfrog A7! We've had a Grande for about 14 years and it finally started leaking. Was fixable but pricey and I decided it would be better just to jump into a new tub then deal will possible ongoing issues with a 14 year old one.

Not the greatest price in the world but a very fair one. All in including taxes delivery and removal of our Grandee we are just a little over 11k. That includes the ozone and of course cover and starter chemicals but no lifter or steps (did not need steps since our Grandee is installed in a U shaped deck). It also included delivery that is 45 miles away from the dealer. Pretty happy...our Grandee has actually been down for about a year so it will be nice to start hot tubbing once again. We looked at Hot Springs and Caldera but just really liked the jets (and jet packs) on the Bullfrogs. Almost went with the A7L this time around but after sitting in them we decided the A7 was the way to go.

Hot Tub Forum

From Hot Springs to Bullfrog (Grandee to A7)
« on: February 08, 2018, 08:49:02 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: From Hot Springs to Bullfrog (Grandee to A7)
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 12:05:01 am »
 Nice, you will enjoy it!   What packs did you go with?

Thisismyname

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 08:20:08 am »
We just got an A8 a few months ago and love it (except for the electric bill last month)

Tried out the A8L but that removes the floor foot well to press against and we found we were floating all over the place without it.

Astropin

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 02:14:33 pm »

Well it's all a little bit of a blur at this point (there were so many packs we tried).

I know we got the Neck Blaster (we both loved that one), Deep Relief (my wife like that one the best), The Oscillator (I liked that one)...then I'm not 100% (kind of let her take over  ;) ) but I believe the other two were the Gyrosage and Wellness. The one that maybe got away (One I might like to add) was the Rain Shower but we'll see.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 02:46:27 pm »
  All great picks! 

meriflower

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 08:33:52 pm »
Congrats!   :) Also you will probably want to add the rain shower jetpak-was one of my favorites! 

Astropin

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 03:25:47 pm »
Got delivered today but can't get it hooked up until tomorrow  :(
Quick pic:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LJrpJ7FvIVqiK6jOjx6NngA2pWJEsNu6

Cora5

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2018, 10:09:38 am »
Astropin, That's is a really nice spa, you did great. I like the look of the Bullfrog A series spas. Every time I go to my local hot tub dealer I just drool over these they look so nice. I know you are itching to get in it and relax. Congratulations!

Astropin

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2018, 10:54:27 am »

Well it's all a little bit of a blur at this point (there were so many packs we tried).

I know we got the Neck Blaster (we both loved that one), Deep Relief (my wife like that one the best), The Oscillator (I liked that one)...then I'm not 100% (kind of let her take over  ;) ) but I believe the other two were the Gyrosage and Wellness. The one that maybe got away (One I might like to add) was the Rain Shower but we'll see.

Well now that it's here I could verify the packs we got...I was wrong about one of the ones I was sure about  :D  It wasn't the Deep Relief it was the Alleviate and it wasn't the Wellness it was the Pulsator.

So - Neck Blaster, Oscillator, Alleviate, Pulsator & Gyrosage

Astropin

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2018, 02:55:02 pm »
Got everything hooked up yesterday and it looked to be working perfectly. An hour later it tripped the breaker. Checked everything out and ran the GFCI test from the tub and it passed. An hour or so later it tripped the breaker again. (mind you this is all happening at night with temps below freezing). I couldn't figure it out. Eventually I figured that the heater, pumps and lights all worked fine...so maybe the ozonator? Disconnected the ozonator and the tub stayed on. Thought I had a bad ozonator...nope...just a bad electrician. He had run the neutral from the tub and connected it to the neutral bar (wrong). So when the ozonator kicked on it tripped the breaker. Got the neutral connected directly to the breaker and now everything works.

This made it all sound simple but it was a pain in the ass. I was up until the wee hours trying to figure this all out.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 10:45:10 pm by Astropin »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2018, 06:12:07 pm »
Very common rookie mistake.
Retired

Sam

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2018, 03:33:04 pm »
Yep.  Can't tell you how many times I've had electricians get offended when I tell them that they may have made a wiring mistake.  "I'm a master electrician, I know what I'm doing"  only to find out that they did indeed wire the neutral improperly. 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2018, 09:40:42 pm »
Yep.  Can't tell you how many times I've had electricians get offended when I tell them that they may have made a wiring mistake.  "I'm a master electrician, I know what I'm doing"  only to find out that they did indeed wire the neutral improperly.

Very "common", get it?
Retired

Astropin

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2018, 01:36:46 pm »

Very "common", get it?

Yes...but you originally said "rookie". Apparently even veteran electrician's make this mistake if they are not very familiar with hot tubs.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 01:40:23 pm by Astropin »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2018, 01:36:46 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42