What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Salt in a chlorine hot tub  (Read 18222 times)

Astropin

Re: Salt in a chlorine hot tub
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2018, 11:53:15 am »
I've been running the ControlOMatic SmarterSpa in our Bullfrog A7 for several weeks now and I must say it's working beautifully. I set the level to 6 (out of 10) and it's been maintaining a perfect amount of chlorine (440 gal tub). I have not added any chlorine on my own since firing it up...but have done the recommended once a week non chlorine shock. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2018, 11:53:15 am »

Cora5

« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2018, 05:30:11 pm »
Astropin, Thank you for taking the time to report how the chlorine generator is working out for you.  :D

bud16415

« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2018, 11:54:38 am »
Couple weeks of salt only here and have to report the tub is staying nice might even be a little more stable than before. Water feels good and I don’t feel as dried out when I get out now. 

bud16415

« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2018, 01:28:36 pm »
I haven’t been around much and I went back and found this thread as I’m changing the water today. I all most fainted as it has been really nice with the salt and using bleach / dichlor for 6 months on this water. Usage is down a little during the summer and water kept cooler. We were in this morning and I said it seems fine but I should change it as it has been a while.

I will be adding salt again when I fill it here shortly.

I still haven’t bought the salt gen. 

Cora5

« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2018, 07:12:27 pm »
Hi there Bud, Wow talk about synchronicity. I haven't been on the forum for several months now and I just logged on today to see your post. I'm amazed to see you have went 6 months on your last water change. That's good news. Thank you for following up on this tread. Enjoy!

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2018, 02:19:34 pm »
Hi there Bud, Wow talk about synchronicity. I haven't been on the forum for several months now and I just logged on today to see your post. I'm amazed to see you have went 6 months on your last water change. That's good news. Thank you for following up on this tread. Enjoy!

Just had a customer in last weekend who's water made it 13 months before it needed a change with the salt system...we still are selling them like crazy up here, it's quite a nice upgrade imo

bud16415

« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2018, 10:51:03 am »

I will try and check in more often. We just had a family member buy a tub. Don't even know what he bought yet but sure he will have many questions.

I'm petty sold on the salt even if just used as an additive.

Good to see you back as well.

Cora5

« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2018, 10:09:50 am »
BullFrogSpas,

That is great to know that using a salt generator saves on water changes. That's a win-win. Thank you for posting.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2018, 10:09:50 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42