What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tub Pricing Guide(s)?  (Read 18238 times)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Hot Tub Pricing Guide(s)?
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2017, 06:16:19 pm »
WOW  :o
Why is that a wow? Doesn't the title define the topic?  Anyway, I'd look forward to discussing more about hot tubs in person if people were upfront with me, but maybe I'm funny that way... "everybody funny, now you funny too".

Its not the title of the thread that is the issue here.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 06:18:41 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2017, 06:16:19 pm »

wondertubs

« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2017, 06:20:06 pm »
Well it should be.  Thank you,

I was going to give this a rest, but also found the Hot Tub Spa Manufacturer's Comparison Chart...
thankyouverymuch.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 06:58:09 pm by wondertubs »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2017, 07:08:10 pm »
Well it should be.  Thank you,

I was going to give this a rest, but also found the Hot Tub Spa Manufacturer's Comparison Chart...
thankyouverymuch.

I wonder if those stars are paid for in that guide? Oh wait, yes they are.
Retired

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2017, 07:57:24 pm »
I’ve never recommended this before but someone like you should purchase a tub online. Everybody has tried helping you and all you do is give smart@ss replies. I can’t imagine trying to deal with someone like you in person

wondertubs

« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2017, 08:29:13 pm »
Help me what... pretend that a manufacturer didn't give a price range in the first place, which the clearly did? That's good one, never gets old either.

wondertubs

« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2017, 08:56:36 pm »
I wonder if those stars are paid for in that guide? Oh wait, yes they are.
I didn't pay much attention to that, and checked out all of those names, whether or not they were linked. Some no longer seem to exist, and one was particularly screwy, in that they wouldn't even tell you where the dealers were unless you filled out a form, so there are more ridiculous things than leaving out the price ranges.  Like I said, between that and comments which at least hinted at makes and models, I appreciate the info.  Enough said, unless someone has more to add to the list. Thanks in advance, then.  ;)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2017, 08:57:34 pm »
  Okay, again what exactly, I mean exactly do you want?   You want a spa, you want a price on a specific spa, you pricing a spa out for someone other than you?    Are you actually in the market for a spa?   Or you writing a book or putting up a video on YouTube on how hot tub forums and dealers are misleading on pricing and information?

Out of all your post here, you make no sense.   

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2017, 10:43:03 pm »
I give you guys credit for continuing to engage in this fruitless attempt to help.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2017, 11:09:48 pm »
I give you guys credit for continuing to engage in this fruitless attempt to help.

I gave up. Obvious clown show. Who knows why he is really here. Reminds me of a Master spa salesmen.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2017, 11:50:15 pm »
 Or a you tuber that did a odd spa video on the 16th.    Joins on the 13th, started posting on the 18th.   I don't know, he could be legit.  In however many years I have been here, we have had some strange one's.  This guy gets the Oscar.     

meriflower

« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2017, 12:00:09 pm »
Or a you tuber that did a odd spa video on the 16th.    Joins on the 13th, started posting on the 18th.   I don't know, he could be legit.  In however many years I have been here, we have had some strange one's.  This guy gets the Oscar.   

Ditto!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2017, 01:24:00 pm »
  Okay, again what exactly, I mean exactly do you want?   You want a spa, you want a price on a specific spa, you pricing a spa out for someone other than you?    Are you actually in the market for a spa?   Or you writing a book or putting up a video on YouTube on how hot tub forums and dealers are misleading on pricing and information?

Out of all your post here, you make no sense.

Bueller, Bueller?   

wondertubs

« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2017, 06:27:00 pm »
Huh? Nothing like a bunch of clowns calling me one for looking into hot tubs, really? Alrighty, but I don't think I'll be walking into a clown tent otherwise.

Looks like Jacuzzi is pulling the same nonsense, they also have a pricing guide, and say their entry-level tubs are $4000-$7999. Then are offering up to $2000 off MSRP for the holidays, so I'm thinking okay, maybe the smallest one in that category would be $4000 after $2000 off MSRP.  You think? Nope, not even close. The MSRP on that is close to $7000! They have nothing starting at what they say their own price ranges are, and apparently only throw that out there to lure you to a dealer. Well, that's up to them, but I have zero confidence in whatever else they claim at this point.

Here's another Hot Tub Comparison Chart, for reference (in case anyone else was wondering). Happy holidays.

castletonia

« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2017, 06:50:11 pm »
You gotta give it a rest.  The industry is what it is and if you don’t agree, then that’s fine.  Millions of hot tubs have been sold over the last 30+ years and millions more will be over the next 30 years.  As long as a dealer is not selling above the MSRP, then they are doing nothing wrong.  MSRP means Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price, which as the name implies, means the manufacturer can set the retail price at whatever they want and the product can be sold at any price equal to or below.

Instead of this back and forth banter which is not accomplishing anything, either go visit some dealers and find a hot tub that fits your wants, needs and budget, or move along and let us help others who want and welcome the help.

wondertubs

« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2017, 07:15:47 pm »
So you think it's okay that the manufacturers are putting out fake price guides? That was the point of the discussion (if it could be taken at face value), and unfortunately it looks like a bold faced lie, trending even.  I'm not glad to hear that you're all okay with this. But if you'd rather introduce me to the wonderful world of hot tubs that way, I don't know who you thought you were talking to, because it isn't me. Maybe the inflated MSRPs would or wouldn't turn a number of people off in general, but to add insult to injury, I think those fake price ranges, direct from the manufacturer, are going waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too far. Such enthusiasm for lying is supposed to be lost in translation somewhere (other than "we got you coming and going"), I guess. Whatever floats your boat.  ::)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 07:41:16 pm by wondertubs »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2017, 07:15:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42