What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: jacuzzi  (Read 3586 times)

jfd185

jacuzzi
« on: October 18, 2017, 09:39:54 pm »
Can you help me? I recently bought a house containing a Jacuzzi Down East hot tub. ( That's what is printed on it) Have know info on it. The tub was apparently fixed prior to us moving in. It does appear to be working properly however it does not heat up. Heated by oil burner. The Spa company who fixed the tub said that I needed a plumber to get the heat problem fixed. The spa co would not say what the plumbing problem was and recommended a couple of plumbers. One said he would come but for some unknown reason he backed out. I CANNOT get anyone to help me. NO-ONE will even attempt to give me a hand at resolving this problem,I even went to a few spa companies for help and they outright said if they did not install it they would not fix it. Please advise.     Thank you. John D cnjtracks@aol.com

Hot Tub Forum

jacuzzi
« on: October 18, 2017, 09:39:54 pm »

danthespaman316

Re: jacuzzi
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 01:34:31 am »
Are we talking a gas heater or oil? Can you upload some pics if oil is indeed what you mean because that is something that I've never seen.

Hot tub companies typically won't touch non-electric heating units because they are not licensed to do so and aren't going to risk a lawsuit if your unit explodes. Plumbers are flaky at best and if the work is unfamiliar to them it's easy to see them turning down the job. If you've exhausted all of your available plumbers, try talking to a boiler repair or HVAC place. Go in person, bring photos and any info on the heater itself with you and remember that if they say they can't help it's because they don't want your death on their hands.

Depending on age, condition and setup, you may want to rip out the old heater (and possibly most of the electronics) and replace it with an electric unit to avoid this problem in the future. This would require a plumber for the tear out and a spa tech for the conversion.

jfd185

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 11:09:28 am »
It is definitely oil heated. The water is heated up via a coil in the oil burner. The water goes in via supply line and comes out of the return line. As of now I can feel the water in the supply pipe get hot and as the time goes by the return starts to get warmer. Then when the water actually gets up to about 84 degrees the system stops heating. Unable to figure out why? ( Maybe thermostat problem I really do not know)
    The oil burner may have been , at one time , used to heat up the domestic hot water. I had a system like this many years ago in another house. It would heat up on demand (like for shower or other hot water needs.)
     Thank you for your input.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 05:43:48 pm »
It is definitely oil heated. The water is heated up via a coil in the oil burner. The water goes in via supply line and comes out of the return line. As of now I can feel the water in the supply pipe get hot and as the time goes by the return starts to get warmer. Then when the water actually gets up to about 84 degrees the system stops heating. Unable to figure out why? ( Maybe thermostat problem I really do not know)
    The oil burner may have been , at one time , used to heat up the domestic hot water. I had a system like this many years ago in another house. It would heat up on demand (like for shower or other hot water needs.)
     Thank you for your input.

your description is why nobody wants to touch the thing, it was "rigged up" and nobody wants the liability

blakeonline

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 02:35:35 pm »
Did you check the high limit switch?

Where are you located??

I'm a gas tech in Toronto

blakeonline

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 02:39:10 pm »
Many people won't touch oil because it requires a licence to remove oil storage tanks. Spills are apparently environmental disasters & not worth tampering with at all.

A line burst with your tag on it and TSSA will bend you over as a technician.

Sorrentino100

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2017, 08:59:55 pm »
You can post on oiltechtalk.com. They are heating professionals and should be able to explain what the problem is and provide the name of a company or technician that would be able to find the cause of the problem and effect repair.

Once it's repaired you should insulate the lines running to and from the boiler.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2017, 08:59:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42