What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Final Decision - circ pump question  (Read 3581 times)

krijkee

Final Decision - circ pump question
« on: September 20, 2017, 01:39:51 pm »
Down to two options

Marquis V94 - no circ pump. With ozone/inline for $8435

Artesian Grand Cayman - with ozone, inline (not elite), 45 jets for $8097

Both with delivery, haul away, cover, lifter etc

My question is one has a circ pump and one doesn't. The artesian has the 24 hour circ pump. Wondering if it's better to have one or not?

The V94 is our first choice as its slightly bigger, extra seat and different level seating for my young kids

Curious if the circ pump thing is worth going with the Artesian?

Thanks!

« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 02:38:32 pm by krijkee »

Hot Tub Forum

Final Decision - circ pump question
« on: September 20, 2017, 01:39:51 pm »

bwspa

Re: Final Decision - circ pump question
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 02:03:48 pm »
Circ pump on the Artesian is very quiet, hard to hear it running. Being outside the bedroom window, I think it's good vs running make pumps but I guess you could schedule accordingly.

Conine2965

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 04:12:54 pm »
I have v94l no circ pump. Came from caldera with circ pump. Hot tub is in sa me position about 12 feet from bedroom Window even when open I hear nothing with v94 actually heard more noise with caldera because full cycle would run once a day which was louder. Also I worried about filtering without circ pump but I use same chemical maintenance with either. I would not let I be a deciding factor by the bes t tub for you

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 07:57:16 pm »
Down to two options

My question is one has a circ pump and one doesn't. The artesian has the 24 hour circ pump. Wondering if it's better to have one or not?

The V94 is our first choice as its slightly bigger, extra seat and different level seating for my young kids

Thanks!

A regular jet pump will put more water across the filter in 4 hours than a circ pump will in 24 hrs. A circ pump will use less energy in 24 hrs. versus a jet pump in 4 hrs. If Ozone is important to you a 24 hour circ pump will introduce more O3 to the water than a jet pump. If noise is important to you a circ pump WILL be quieter.
Retired

bradleyabell

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 07:28:54 am »
Down to two options

Thanks!

A regular jet pump will put more water across the filter in 4 hours than a circ pump will in 24 hrs. A circ pump will use less energy in 24 hrs. versus a jet pump in 4 hrs. If Ozone is important to you a 24 hour circ pump will introduce more O3 to the water than a jet pump. If noise is important to you a circ pump WILL be quieter.

Not sure whats the deal here...But I'm buying a bullfrog tub that has a circ pump+ozone but it also says the factory default is to run the jets/pump for 2 hours, 2 times a day...Any idea why?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2017, 11:18:24 am »
Down to two options

Thanks!

Not sure whats the deal here...But I'm buying a bullfrog tub that has a circ pump+ozone but it also says the factory default is to run the jets/pump for 2 hours, 2 times a day...Any idea why?

I think you're confusing "factory default" with "factory recommendation". All its saying is that's the standard setting the controller is set to when you get the spa. You can reduce that factory setting to 30 minutes or 0 minutes if you get the circ pump upgrade.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2017, 11:57:23 am »
buy whichever you enjoyed more in a wet test, a circ pump/no circ pump should have nothing to do with a final decision when choosing a spa...insulation, base material, jetting, seat comfort, size, etc. are all much more important

bradleyabell

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2017, 01:45:36 pm »
Down to two options

Thanks!

I think you're confusing "factory default" with "factory recommendation". All its saying is that's the standard setting the controller is set to when you get the spa. You can reduce that factory setting to 30 minutes or 0 minutes if you get the circ pump upgrade.

That's what I thought, but the manual reads:

"There are two filter cycles per day. The first filter cycle begins 6
minutes after the spa is powered up. The second filter cycle begins 12 hours after the start of the first cycle.
The filtration pump will run during filtration cycles. If your spa is equipped with more than one pump, the additional pumps
will run for the first few minutes of each filter cycle to purge the plumbing. The factory filter cycle duration is 2 hours. Filter
duration can be set to 2,4, 6, or 8 hours.
Continuous filtration can also be selected (indicated by “FC”)."

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2017, 07:26:18 pm »

minutes after the spa is powered up. The second filter cycle begins 12 hours after the start of the first cycle.
The filtration pump will run during filtration cycles. If your spa is equipped with more than one pump, the additional pumps
will run for the first few minutes of each filter cycle to purge the plumbing. The factory filter cycle duration is 2 hours. Filter

The theory behind running the jet pumps a couple times a day is to clear the stagnant water from the jet pump lines. The circ pump doesn't do that.
Retired

bradleyabell

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2017, 07:26:16 am »

The theory behind running the jet pumps a couple times a day is to clear the stagnant water from the jet pump lines. The circ pump doesn't do that.

I actually spoke to Bullfrog the other day and the guy said that they include a larger circ pump than most, that doesn't need to run 24hrs/day, and its the circ pump that actually runs the 2 hours, 2 times/day.  The actual jet pumps run for only 3 minutes each time to purge.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2017, 08:07:22 pm »
I actually spoke to Bullfrog the other day and the guy said that they include a larger circ pump than most, that doesn't need to run 24hrs/day, and its the circ pump that actually runs the 2 hours, 2 times/day.  The actual jet pumps run for only 3 minutes each time to purge.

Keep in mind that depending on your use 4 hours of filtration a day may not be enough.
Retired

bradleyabell

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2017, 06:25:16 am »

Keep in mind that depending on your use 4 hours of filtration a day may not be enough.

How will I know?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2017, 07:36:30 am »

How will I know?

Your water will get dirty. It won't sparkle. After a while you will learn the difference.
Retired

Conine2965

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2017, 12:09:26 pm »
Ive had 2 tubs one with circ one without within a couple of month's you will get the chemistry and filtering down to what's best for your tub with your water in it. No 2 a exactly a like but all will do the job in the end. My point being but the best tub for your needs and dont by into the filtering bs some dealers Will push at you.

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2017, 12:26:59 pm »
Ive had 2 tubs one with circ one without within a couple of month's you will get the chemistry and filtering down to what's best for your tub with your water in it. No 2 a exactly a like but all will do the job in the end. My point being but the best tub for your needs and dont by into the filtering bs some dealers Will push at you.

+1

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2017, 12:26:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42