What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 100" wide roof deck. Bullfrog A8, Jacuzzi 575 or ? sandy beach needs  (Read 3355 times)

gadgetfreak

Just joined the forum, I thought I posted this last night but it's not showing.

I live at the beach and have a roof deck that's 100" wide (plenty of length).  Since I have to crane this up and it's so narrow, my priority is reliability or at least not having to access the side panels if there's a problem. I think worse case they might be able to tip it on it's side but again, it's pretty narrow. I want to also maximize the size of the jacuzzi as I have 3 kids and all 5 of us in there would be great. During the hot summer, in the day it'll be used as a place to cool off (temp 85-90?)  and at night my wife and I at 103/104 to relax.

2 of my kids have exzema so something that has great filtration and uses less chemicals would be great. Overall low maintenance to keep the water clean. We also live at the beach so after walking up from the beach the kids will have sand in their shorts, hair etc, Do all hot tubs do a good job with sand?

I want STRONG jets, have a bad back and always knots in my shoulders. And my wife wants a lounger.

Durability for the beach weather, everything rusts here.

After lots of research here, I think I've narrowed it to either the Jacuzzi 575 (the asthetics are really nice)  or the Bullfrog A8 (has 2 loungers). I also looked at the hostprings online.

Thoughts? advice? I figure all in it's $15K or so?

Hot Tub Forum

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: 100" wide roof deck. Bullfrog A8, Jacuzzi 575 or ? sandy beach needs
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 04:08:07 pm »
A8L or A8D...if you require strong jets Bullfrog will be the best option listed based on my own soaking experience in all 3 brands listed, but I still would recommend a wet test of course, what people 'want' and what they end up with is often times much different.  As far as durability Bullfrog has NO wood or NO steel built anywhere into the spa so it will hold up even near the ocean.

1 negative and I'm not trying to be debbie downer here but depending on your local dealer (ask of course) they may refuse to "tip up" or work on a spa in a tight area on a rooftop if there was ever a 'worst case scenario' like an in-foam leak so just keep that in mind if the worst case ever happens (again every dealer is different so I would simply ask) regardless of brand they may tell you it has to go into their own shop for repair.

Good Luck!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 06:33:05 pm »
Just joined the forum, I thought I posted this last night but it's not showing.

I live at the beach and have a roof deck that's 100" wide (plenty of length).  Since I have to crane this up and it's so narrow, my priority is reliability or at least not having to access the side panels if there's a problem. I think worse case they might be able to tip it on it's side but again, it's pretty narrow. I want to also maximize the size of the jacuzzi as I have 3 kids and all 5 of us in there would be great. During the hot summer, in the day it'll be used as a place to cool off (temp 85-90?)  and at night my wife and I at 103/104 to relax.

2 of my kids have exzema so something that has great filtration and uses less chemicals would be great. Overall low maintenance to keep the water clean. We also live at the beach so after walking up from the beach the kids will have sand in their shorts, hair etc, Do all hot tubs do a good job with sand?

I want STRONG jets, have a bad back and always knots in my shoulders. And my wife wants a lounger.

Durability for the beach weather, everything rusts here.

After lots of research here, I think I've narrowed it to either the Jacuzzi 575 (the asthetics are really nice)  or the Bullfrog A8 (has 2 loungers). I also looked at the hostprings online.

Thoughts? advice? I figure all in it's $15K or so?

Research on-line for sure but you'll find that at the store and soaking in their test tub is where you'll learn the most. Make those visits and don't sell the process short, you really want to wet test.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

gadgetfreak

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 07:28:04 pm »
thanks.. I hope to do some tests this weekend!

richierich

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 07:36:03 pm »
I don't think any hot tub is going to do a good job with sand. It will most likely settle to the bottom until removed by vacuum/siphon. I wouldn't recommend going straight from the beach and into the hot tub. I wouldn't want the extra maintenance. Also all hot tubs use chemicals, there is no getting around it.   

meriflower

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2017, 11:55:13 pm »
You mentioned two of your kids have eczema and I have found MicroSilk option really helps with mine.  Can't say it would help your kids but I would recommend looking into it.  It's not an option that is offered in the 3 hot tubs you're interested in, Marquis has it.  it has its own pump and when on it injects a bunch of tiny oxygenated micro bubbles in the water and the water turns cloudy from all the tiny bubbles.  I sit in it for 20 minutes every other day and as said it really helps with my eczema.  You can google or search YouTube on more about it.  I also recommend Marquis if you haven't already checked them out.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2017, 07:49:55 am »
Your kids eczema may not be caused by any of the chemicals required to balance or sanitize your water. Do you know what causes it in your kids? In my case it was quick, extreme temperature changes in my skin. Not the water or anything added to it.

As far as a tub is concerned I think your doing yourself a disservice by limiting your options to those two. There are brands out there considered better by some than those your looking at.
Retired

MarKee

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2017, 01:32:44 pm »
I would second meriflower in saying that you should check out a MicroSilk spa. Ive heard from numerous customers that the MicroSilk has helped or cured eczema and other skin issues. Marquis is the best brand that offers this technology in my opinion.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2017, 11:55:55 pm »
I would second meriflower in saying that you should check out a MicroSilk spa. Ive heard from numerous customers that the MicroSilk has helped or cured eczema and other skin issues. Marquis is the best brand that offers this technology in my opinion.

Sorry to correct you Markee. Eczema can't be cured. It can be mitigated, but not cured.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2017, 11:55:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42