What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Experiences with Marquis or Masters?  (Read 4706 times)

Wantingmyhottub

Experiences with Marquis or Masters?
« on: July 22, 2017, 11:23:41 pm »
Our nice-enough local dealer carries only Sundance, Jacuzzi and Artisian hot tubs. We are more interested,  we think (having not wet-tested them yet) in Marquis or Masters. What have your experiences with either brand been? I'm concerned by something I read about Masters being made partially of wood inside the structure, and of more customer complaints than other companies. It is very hard to separate out genuine feedback from rival companies posting things ripping down each other. I live in a very cold part of the Hudson Valley, NY (usually) and I've also read that some Marquis don't have full insulation (or do as an "option"). I'm also wondering about whether the difference in price between their Signature line and the E-series. Is it worth it given the fact that the warrantees are so different? In short: if you bought one of these, what was the experience like and how do you feel about the purchase months/years later? Should we seriously be looking at Sundance, too? (If you could tell me about how much you paid, too, that'd be much appreciated!)

Hot Tub Forum

Experiences with Marquis or Masters?
« on: July 22, 2017, 11:23:41 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Experiences with Marquis or Masters?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 08:10:23 am »
Our nice-enough local dealer carries only Sundance, Jacuzzi and Artisian hot tubs. We are more interested,  we think (having not wet-tested them yet) in Marquis or Masters. What have your experiences with either brand been? I'm concerned by something I read about Masters being made partially of wood inside the structure, and of more customer complaints than other companies. It is very hard to separate out genuine feedback from rival companies posting things ripping down each other. I live in a very cold part of the Hudson Valley, NY (usually) and I've also read that some Marquis don't have full insulation (or do as an "option"). I'm also wondering about whether the difference in price between their Signature line and the E-series. Is it worth it given the fact that the warrantees are so different? In short: if you bought one of these, what was the experience like and how do you feel about the purchase months/years later? Should we seriously be looking at Sundance, too? (If you could tell me about how much you paid, too, that'd be much appreciated!)

When you say Masters, are you talking Master Spa?
Retired

castletonia

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 09:57:50 am »
I sold Marquis for 3 years before changing jobs and now sell Hot Spring and Caldera.

Marquis is a top notch company.  Their Signature line of spas are in my opinion some of the best in the industry.  Full foam insulation is optional on the e-series and Vector21 series of spas and in cold climate I would recommend that upgrade.  I personally think the Signature series is definitely worth upgrading to over the e-series and I personally would too over the Vector series.  I think the comfort in better in the Signature series as is the therapy.  Marquis uses the same pumps, heater, and Balboa control board so component quality does not have much of a difference.

If you are comparing Marquis to Master  Spas, I don't think there is a comparison in terms of quality, therapy, or company reputation.  I personally would consider Marquis, Hot Spring, Caldera, Sundance, Bullfrog, Jacuzzi and D1 as my top tier brands. 

Conine2965

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 12:27:46 pm »
I just bought a Marquis Vector 21 94L. Very comfortable great therapy plus at 7500 a huge value over Master,Hot Springs or Caldera which you would have to spend 11k plus to get a Tub this size

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 01:31:21 pm »
Master is one of the worst in the industry...

Corporate Store: https://www.yelp.com/biz/master-spas-fort-wayne-3

My Local Market: https://www.yelp.com/biz/master-pool-and-spa-minneapolis?osq=master+spas

That will give you a glimpse of what type of company they are

Conine2965

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 02:54:23 pm »
Master spa like most spas is based on the dealer my local master dealer has been in business for a long time and gets great reviews but they want top dollar for spas.

meriflower

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2017, 07:29:37 pm »
We have owned Marquis and I would definitely check them out and wet test, they are reputable and stand by their products.  They have 3 different lines (Signature, Vector and Everyday) and price points to select from. No comment on Master.  Good luck!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 07:55:30 pm by meriflower »

Wantingmyhottub

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2017, 10:59:52 pm »
Thank you all for these responses. It looks like the choice will be either the Marquis (located a dealer 48 miles away) vs. a Sundance (12 miles away). The appeal of the more-local dealer is evident; just wondering how they'll wet-test and...should I even both trying Bullfrog at about 46 miles away.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2017, 12:16:23 am »
I'll throw in my thoughts here. I have a 2008 Marquis Epic. It's an amazing therapy tub and (hope I don't jinx myself) it has been worry free! I run it in economy mode with two filtration cycles even throughout the winter. It maintains heat and clean water with no problem. If the time comes to replace it, I'd definitely buy another Marquis!
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2017, 12:16:23 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42