What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New hot tub placement  (Read 2434 times)

Thisismyname

New hot tub placement
« on: July 21, 2017, 08:17:09 pm »
While we haven't made up our minds on the tub yet we are considering where to put it.

Option 1 under the deck.  It's about a 14' ceiling....and we are in Michigan so we get a decent period of snow

Option 2 out in the yard built into a hill.  Would be a farther walk from the house...plus unprotected from the elements.

If we don't put it under the deck, that area becomes useless and would just be filled in with cobblestone of some sort.

Our last tub was inside a sunroom at our old house so not sure how to approach this outdoor one

Hot Tub Forum

New hot tub placement
« on: July 21, 2017, 08:17:09 pm »

TemptingDestiny

Re: New hot tub placement
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 08:19:23 pm »
Choose the closest location to your access door. The closer to your home and doorway- the more likely you are to use it.

meriflower

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 09:06:19 pm »
Choose the closest location to your access door. The closer to your home and doorway- the more likely you are to use it.

Agree you will especially appreciate it being closer to your house during the cold & snow.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 09:26:44 pm »
I would also consider the view as second most important.
Retired

Thisismyname

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 08:49:50 am »
I would also consider the view as second most important.

Yeah thought of that....not sure I want to see the under side of a deck vs. the stars at night

Conine2965

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2017, 09:46:39 am »
I think close to the house I'd more important mine was farther from the house we barely used it in the winter when I moved it next to house we use it all the time. I think next to house with a moveable awning or offset umbrella would be perfect

bud16415

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2017, 10:48:51 am »
I also suggest close to the door. Ours is one step. We have a roof also and if your deck lets rain come thru I would suggest before you get the tub putting a layer of corrugated steel roofing above the area of the tub sloped out just a inch or two from the house.

I have mentioned before a wonderful thing to have next to the tub is a hose connection with the ability inside the house to change it between hot and cold. Especially in snow country. Hot works great for loosening ice and snow plus hot cleans filters much better than cold. Topping the water off with hot means not getting into a cooler tub in the winter if you add water.

The next thing is think about where the stairs will be and making the best view from the most used seats. Lastly is keeping easy access to all the sides of the tub but the main place you don’t want to block is the side with the pumps.

We have ours covered and I also have some tarp like curtains I can hook to the poles to stop the wind when it is really cold.

The other option is away from the house open sky and star gazing. That is wonderful and how they are always shown on the ads. If your area is a place where much of the year the weather is nice maybe that would be the way to go. Where I live we don’t get enough nice days. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2017, 10:48:51 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42