What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Shopping again- need updated advice  (Read 3117 times)

hkc

Shopping again- need updated advice
« on: July 21, 2017, 04:19:34 pm »
I purchased a Sundance Edison in 2013 and just sold my house...and the Edison with it. Buyers really wanted it so I agreed to include it. While I loved the Edison and used a few times a week year-round, I did have some criticisms. It was my first hot tub and I did many wet-tests and lots of research before buying. But owning one is a different thing. I was a little disappointed that some of the colors on the lights stopped working after 2 years and some of the jet covers kept popping out. The lid was also getting waterlogged, although I do understand that this happens I thought 4 years was a little soon.

So I'm back to research. I wet-tested a Sundance Optima and Chelsee and much preferred the Chelsee. It's got a lot more power than the edison and is slightly bigger while not being too big. Right now that's the top of my list. It's the same dealer I went to before and I liked them. They have a floor model for $9899 but it's not really the colors that I want and it has the stereo system and I'd prefer not to have that (seems like asking for problems).

I'm also testing a Jacuzzi J-345 (quoted $8899) and a bullfrog R7 (quoted $10,400). Last time around Jacuzzi was the higher-priced tub but that seems to have changed and I understand they are now owned by the same company. Could someone on here comment about that? Did Jacuzzi have some trouble? Is it still a good brand? I get a little nervous when the list price is about $3500 over what the offered "deal" is. I'm interested in testing the Bullfrog as I hadn't tested them the last time 'round.

Any advice on any of those model would be appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Shopping again- need updated advice
« on: July 21, 2017, 04:19:34 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Shopping again- need updated advice
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 09:28:50 pm »
All three good brands. Wet test is a must.
Retired

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 05:31:38 pm »
Jacuzzi, Sundance, D1, Thermal Spa and now Hydropool and Lazyboy all the same manufacturer.  Jacuzzi and Sundance were when you bought your Edison also.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

hkc

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 11:19:36 pm »
Wet tested all three. I love the bullfrog a8, but it's a little more than I want to spend and they are not offering any deals on price or financing. The Sundance Chelsee is my second choice. Less cash and 0% financing for 18 months, which makes it even more attractive. Jacuzzi was not doing it for me, although the price was right. So now it's trying to either justify spending a few thousand more for the bullfrog or just going with the Sundance. It's a $3k difference, which is tough to justify. But damn I liked those jet packs... decisions, decisions.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 12:48:45 am »
 Bullfrog will be offering a rebate sale soon, might worth the wait?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 08:08:29 am »
Wet tested all three. I love the bullfrog a8, but it's a little more than I want to spend and they are not offering any deals on price or financing. The Sundance Chelsee is my second choice. Less cash and 0% financing for 18 months, which makes it even more attractive. Jacuzzi was not doing it for me, although the price was right. So now it's trying to either justify spending a few thousand more for the bullfrog or just going with the Sundance. It's a $3k difference, which is tough to justify. But damn I liked those jet packs... decisions, decisions.

Tell us why you like the jet pacs?
Retired

hkc

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2017, 02:03:47 pm »
I liked the jet packs because I liked being able to switch out the different feeling jets with different depths. The tub I tested had 2 deeper seats and two shallower seats and the one jetpack felt completely different depending on the depth. I liked both depths for different reasons. I like the ability to change things up and its a simple process. It solves one of my major complaints about hot tubs- that there tends to be one "good seat" and then you only use that one. Like I said, I've had a hot tub for 4 years now and I seem to always sit in the same seat. It's not because those jets are my favorite- it's because the depth is. So if I could enjoy all the jets at the same depth I would. I'd like some variety and the Bullfrog is the only hot tub that addresses that. I'm kind of surprised that nobody else seems to do that.

meriflower

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2017, 03:49:40 pm »
I tend to move my jetpaks as I like the lounger as it is the only seat that has jets for my legs and feet.  The other seats concentrate on my back.  I personally do not find a lot difference with the depth on the other seats.  I have a R6L.  Good luck with your decision!

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2017, 04:21:10 pm »
I liked the jet packs because I liked being able to switch out the different feeling jets with different depths. The tub I tested had 2 deeper seats and two shallower seats and the one jetpack felt completely different depending on the depth. I liked both depths for different reasons. I like the ability to change things up and its a simple process. It solves one of my major complaints about hot tubs- that there tends to be one "good seat" and then you only use that one. Like I said, I've had a hot tub for 4 years now and I seem to always sit in the same seat. It's not because those jets are my favorite- it's because the depth is. So if I could enjoy all the jets at the same depth I would. I'd like some variety and the Bullfrog is the only hot tub that addresses that. I'm kind of surprised that nobody else seems to do that.

JetPaks flat out rock, I was in the R8 the other night, rotated between 3 different seat heights and almost 6 different JetPaks, hit all the right spots! Such an awesome design

hkc

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2017, 06:36:51 pm »
Still on the fence. Is 9800 a good price for a sundance chelsee? It's a lot more than my Edison was for slightly better jets and pressure. I'm torn. I don't think the bullfrog is in the running anymore. I can't justify the expense.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2017, 06:36:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42