What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tub Suggestions Installed on Sloped Earth  (Read 21039 times)

bud16415

Re: Hot Tub Suggestions Installed on Sloped Earth
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2017, 09:15:28 pm »
That’s the reason I did all the cross bracing on my deck. You don’t want any of that sway movement if you can help it. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2017, 09:15:28 pm »

jukeboxpunk

« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2017, 09:33:14 pm »
Wonder if I should add some 2x10 blocking inbetween the beems. I know the thing isnt going to sway up and out of the footings for sure. but like you said the lateral or sway movement might be an issue.

bud16415

« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2017, 11:03:46 am »
Any movement is a wear point and with time will cause things to loosen. Triangulation is the best way to solve it. One in each direction should do it.

jukeboxpunk

« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2017, 04:16:12 pm »
Started painting the frame of the deck today.

That front post closest in your view is the one that wiggles.  It's the concrete tie that wiggles in the crete. I know its not going anywhere and imagine that it loosened up when smacking my bolts in for the beams. None of the deck joists wiggle or move, those are all tied to the beams with hurricane ties.

I guess I could add bracing across to each post.  These are really the only posts on the deck. The 3 other footing contacts are straight beam to concrete. It's not wiggling or moving forward or backward. 

jukeboxpunk

« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2017, 04:19:09 pm »
Oh and ClarkP, I stole your paint color!

LOL Just Kidding!

I literally went into home depot and randomly pointed at a color and told them that the wife doesnt care what color so neither do I. Twirled my finger over the color pamphlet and viola. Padre Brown is the color name. Father Brown? Chaplain Brown?   

Clarkp

« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2017, 04:27:51 pm »
Padre Brown?!  Must be referring to the cloaks the Catholic missionaries wore down here in Los Texas.  Nice color though!  Looking good.  Too dang hot down here to wear anything like that now.

I don't think you're going to have any trouble with any 'swaying'.  Once the tub is in place and filled with water - it ain't going no where.

When are they delivering your tub?  Pay close attention when the setup guys run through your chemicals!  I finally purchased a Taylor K-2106 FAS-DPD Bromine test kit to get a good handle on the water chemistry.  I think I'm finally getting a handle on it.

jukeboxpunk

« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2017, 09:47:01 am »
Supposed to call the tub company today for delivery in 2 weeks. Problem is that i still need to add the decking and paint.  My electrician friend came over and finished my connections in the house and in the panel. just need to add the conduit whip over the wire on the tub end.

Picked up 6 peices of reclaimed granite curb for $90.  2 will act as stairs and the others not sure what ill do with them.

I will look for that test kit.

Clarkp

« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2017, 01:12:57 pm »
Dude!  Those stones look amazing!  Nice find...

jukeboxpunk

« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2017, 04:24:37 pm »
Almost done!  Set a delivery date of August 11!

Clarkp

« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2017, 02:01:32 pm »
Today's the 11th... where are the installation pictures?

jukeboxpunk

« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2017, 10:35:43 am »
Pics are below. We are enjoying the hot tub greatly!  Install went really smooth and without any issues.

We did have a period of cloudy water which we resolved. Will be posting in the forum for solutions to insulate the hot tub for better heat retention during the next 6 months. I am looking into constructing a foam board insert to place just under the cover to aid in preventing heat loss.  The foam board wont touch be resting on teh water, but a few inches above. Just something to better trap the heat.

Clarkp

« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2017, 10:39:57 am »
Juke, that looks amazing!  Nice work and attention to detail!  Super happy everything went off without a hitch.  Diggin' the tiki torches BTW!

jukeboxpunk

« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2017, 10:45:39 am »
I still need to do some landscaping around the deck but not a priority.

I need a good how to guide on insulating a hot tub.  Ive been reading on some sites that the best start is the top and the gap in between the water and the cover. Then adding baffles of insulation in the access panel.

Anyone have any advice on insulation methods?

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2017, 12:55:54 pm »
good looking install! now please remove those warning stickers on the spa, it's making my OCD kick in :-) :-)

jukeboxpunk

« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2017, 01:58:35 pm »
LOL!!  I did finally remove them!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2017, 01:58:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42