What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Brand? Model? Please help!  (Read 3889 times)

Kynewb

Brand? Model? Please help!
« on: May 28, 2017, 06:17:10 pm »
I am turning to the experts for help... trying to research hot tubs online is difficult for someone not knowing what options are necessities vs worthwhile upgrades vs not worth the money.

Our local hot tub dealer is a place called Watson's. They advertise to sell Bullfrog, Viking and Hot Spring brands.  My wife and I want to go to their store tomorrow to take a look at some models..

Budget around $5k. Could go a little more if it meant getting the right model!
Wife says nothing fancy but I tend to like more options. Maybe something in the middle.
We have a concrete pad poured below our deck that we had reinforced with rebar (knew hot tub purchase was coming someday!). This will be the location so it's not quite as exposed to the elements. Not sure how much area I need but I have about a 7ft wide x 8 to 9ft length area that would leave me plenty of room to get to insides from any side.
We don't have electric run outside so I'm assuming we would need to have an electrician get us set up with what we need.
We live in Kentucky and experience all four seasons. Not sure that matters but thought it might impact the cover or pump choices.

My wife and I just want something we can enjoy for ourselves, occasionally have friends and family over and not have to worry about too much maintenance.  I don't really care about any Bluetooth sound system as I have portable Bt speakers that should do the trick.  Something silly but I also don't like those removable head rests. It's been a long time since my parents had a hot tub but they were always replacing those things!

So what do you think? I hope I can walk into Watson's and say, " I want to see these models with these options" and I will give full credit to this forum!  Thanks everyone in advance.

Hot Tub Forum

Brand? Model? Please help!
« on: May 28, 2017, 06:17:10 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Brand? Model? Please help!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 09:15:53 pm »
You're not going to get much these days for $5,000 unfortunately. If Viking is a roto molded tub that may be the lowest priced tub.  Of course you could walk into the dealer and get a leftover or something they absolutely want to get rid of and have a great price on it. Also, Hot Springs sells different levels of tubs so maybe one of their lower levels will be at that price. Maybe they sell used and you can get a tub for that price.

Assuming no bargain tub waiting to be scooped up - if you do find a tub for that price it'll be no frills. I bought a tub back in 2005 that I still own and it was $6200 back then and it was one of the cheaper options back then.

Maybe someone else has better info and will chime in.

Kynewb

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 08:32:30 am »
Thank you for the input. Maybe after we go look at a few today we'll get a better sense of cost to purchase and we'll open the purse strings a little more. I want something that will last and with proper care not need a lot of additional maintenance.  But it also doesn't need to be a huge tub. I assume we'll usually have only 2 or 3 ppl in it at a time so that's why I was trying to start around 5k but maybe that's unrealistic.

Kynewb

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 12:17:31 pm »
Just left the store. We definitely liked the Bullfrog lines the best.  They only had the X series and A series on the floor.  A series is more than we need so we focused on the X series.  The setup we liked the best was the X7L Premire w/o stereo. For this setup, including delivery, steps, cover & starter chemicals it was $6,499+tax.  Does that seem reasonable? Not sure if there is anything else I need to be considering or if this is a good price.  Also, lift for cover available at $199, maybe I could get that thrown in?

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 12:39:30 pm »
Just left the store. We definitely liked the Bullfrog lines the best.  They only had the X series and A series on the floor.  A series is more than we need so we focused on the X series.  The setup we liked the best was the X7L Premire w/o stereo. For this setup, including delivery, steps, cover & starter chemicals it was $6,499+tax.  Does that seem reasonable? Not sure if there is anything else I need to be considering or if this is a good price.  Also, lift for cover available at $199, maybe I could get that thrown in?

Watson's is the only dealer in the entire United States that will sell an X7L for that price because so yes it is a great deal, I would snap it up!

Kynewb

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 12:47:22 pm »
Thank you. That is good to hear this is a good price. We put $100 refundable down to lock in the price for 2 months just to make sure we sleep on it and make the right decision.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2017, 02:09:43 pm »

Watson's is the only dealer in the entire United States that will sell an X7L for that price because so yes it is a great deal, I would snap it up!

Plus one on that!    It's a very good price, and the X series is a nothing fancy and good running spa.  I have sold a few and the customers are happy with it. 

Sam

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2017, 04:12:14 pm »
That's a great deal on a pretty cool hot tub.  If it meets your needs I'd say go for it.  For that price range you won't find much better.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2017, 07:32:24 pm »

Plus one on that!    It's a very good price, and the X series is a nothing fancy and good running spa.  I have sold a few and the customers are happy with it.

we sell a lot of X6L's and X7's...great tubs for the money..X8 a little trickier because you overlap price points with a lot more options but I like the interior space of it like all the 8's

Hope all is well Jim

Kynewb

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2017, 05:33:33 pm »
Hot tub delivered and installed today! Thanks again for everyone's input to help us make the right choice! I've never uploaded a photo using photobucket so not sure if this will work.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2017, 05:53:38 pm »
Looks good, nice spot too, in the elements but protected overhead...Congrats!

bud16415

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2017, 06:07:51 pm »
looks great and you will love having the roof and the view.

meriflower

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2017, 09:08:30 pm »
Very nice!   :)

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2017, 05:33:52 pm »
Take care of those head rests. :D
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2017, 05:33:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42