What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 3 tier steps with storage ?  (Read 2494 times)

madbrain

3 tier steps with storage ?
« on: April 29, 2017, 10:56:41 pm »
I have a hot tub on order which should be installed soon. It will come with 2 tier steps without storage - not sure of the exact height - but most 2 tier steps are only 14-15" high. The tub is 36" high, and I'm on the short side, so I would like something higher, ideally at least 24" high.

I have been doing google searches for hours, but most steps with storage I have seen only come in the 2 tier variety.  And there are very few spa steps with 3 tiers to begin with.

Is anyone aware of an option with 3 tiers and a storage compartment ?

And if not, is there a company that custom makes those ? I would prefer something plastic molded and weatherproof, rather wood.

Hot Tub Forum

3 tier steps with storage ?
« on: April 29, 2017, 10:56:41 pm »

39lasalle

Re: 3 tier steps with storage ?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 06:52:13 am »
Maybe you could build something out of the treks plastic boards...a little spendy but....and it won't have storage...

bud16415

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 07:21:45 am »
I think they come two steps and that height because that is about the height you will step down to inside the tub. It would be harder going between two different heights getting down into the tub. The safe way we do it is to go up two steps and then reach down and put your hands on the rim of the tub. And lift one leg over and on to a seat. Your feet will then be level one in and one out. Now take the other over and stand on a seat still holding the rim and step backwards into the tub. It is important to place your steps near a seat they is flat and one that is higher. Most tubs have a cool down seat and that is the best location.

Hopes this helps.  :)

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 02:54:02 pm »
I know a company that will build one for you...but my first question would be, how much do you really want it? what is your max budget for such a step? assuming a top quality step with a lifetime warranty made from maintenance free materials.

madbrain

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 04:51:06 pm »
I know a company that will build one for you...but my first question would be, how much do you really want it? what is your max budget for such a step? assuming a top quality step with a lifetime warranty made from maintenance free materials.

I don't have a hard maximum set, but my hope would be in the $300 range.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2017, 05:25:41 pm »

I don't have a hard maximum set, but my hope would be in the $300 range.

there will be absolutely nothing available in a 3 tier storage step with quality materials close to that range. A 3 tier enclosed storage step made from high quality HDPE is going to weigh 60+ pounds...shipping cost alone would be 33% of your budget. You'll have to look at something pre-made in a 2 tier or like someone mentioned see if you can source a local "handyman" or someone to build you one. Good Luck!

madbrain

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2017, 09:42:30 pm »
I ended up spending only $119 + tax on a large storage box at Home Depot which has the desired height. It's waterproof, sturdy and easily can be used as a 3rd steps that came with my hot tub. Manufacturer claims 660 weight capacity which I can believe even though I'm less than 1/4 of that. Don't really anticipate more than 2 people stepping at once anyway. The lid color matches the hot tub cover and the other step. The only downside is that it's fairly large, a bit wider than I wanted it to be. But the smaller boxes I looked at looked too flimsy to be used as steps.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Keter-Brushwood-120-Gal-Resin-Deck-Box-227329/206485514
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 09:44:38 pm by madbrain »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2017, 09:42:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42