What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Shopping - what to do when prefer dealer but no one has tub you want?  (Read 3439 times)

bearskin4701

I've been doing lots of research, shopping both online and in-store. This website is fantastic, and it's convinced me to invest in the dealer. However, we are looking for an 8-10 person outdoor tub with the built-in tv, which I've only been able to find online. The dealers don't seem to carry anything larger than a 7 person tub. Has anyone seen a model like that at a local dealer? And even if we were fine with a 7-person tub (which most weeks of the year is more than sufficient), what have folks seen in the way of waterproof electronics (mostly the tv)? If that was available, I suppose it is an option to buy that separately vs.  needing it built into the tub.

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Shopping - what to do when prefer dealer but no one has tub you want?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 09:50:22 am »
 Pop up TV in a hot tub you are crazy!   Find a large spa you like then pick up a used flat screen at a pawn shop or something on the cheap, if it breaks who cares  buy another.   Even a new TV from Costco for 500 bucks or less would make more sense. 

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 10:01:18 am »
TVs in hot tubs have become almost extinct since the price of a flatscreen TV has come down tremendously.  TVs in hot tubs are not a smart investment:  I sold Catalina Spas forever and they had a series of TV Spas that eventually wound up with a 60" flatscreen in it.  The cost vs the quality of the TV and apparatus to lift the TV up and down didn't equate so I never ended up selling them. 

I'd continue to look into all-weather TVs or some other TV/Sound System as the quality of the product will be significantly higher and the overall cost will be lower.

As for the hot tub size, there are many brands that do 9x7 tubs (108" x 91" or similar).  I carry Artesian Spas and they have 3 units that size, with another unit that is 132" x 31".  I know that there are also several other brands out there that have 9x7 units that are major, quality brand names and should be available in most territories.

Additionally- You can do a 12' swim spa (again- the Malibu Swim Spa from Catalina Spas is the genesis of many 12' "party" models as Catalina sold or made shells for many other brands when they were first starting up their swim spa operations) that may also be something that could suit your needs.   

The dealer is important for sure.  Most important is the feel of the tub and the jets though so don't bury that behind the dealer.  However, I understand you are limited to what is in your region/area.

I hope this helps.  I am sure many other posters will chime in with brands that have units that are larger and can point you in the direction that may help you further narrow down your options.

Good luck moving forward.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 02:08:27 pm »
Do not buy a tub with a TV built in. It will make your entire experience bad.

There are waterproof cabinets for TV's that you could mount by the tub. This is a better investment.
Retired

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 02:19:15 pm »
I agree with the comments, most of my customers will source a quality outdoor tv + speakers, much less issues...We sell a 13' party spa like The Wizard was describing above that will easily take 7-10 people, like him I would recommend you look for something similar. A 'standard' 8 person tub never really holds 8 people comfortably anyway...Good Luck! (took a quick pic of the one I have on our floor for reference

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 03:35:02 pm »
BullFrogSpasMN is right on with the pic:  The 12' "party" tub (one end w/hot tub seats with two parallel bench seats in the swim area) is a common configuration in the industry nowadays.  I bet his is a Dynasty and that unit is pretty great with its price and some pretty neat features that are perfect for entertaining (as you can see).  Check up on some swim spa brands and models in your area and see what is available. 

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2017, 04:42:05 pm »
BullFrogSpasMN is right on with the pic:  The 12' "party" tub (one end w/hot tub seats with two parallel bench seats in the swim area) is a common configuration in the industry nowadays.  I bet his is a Dynasty and that unit is pretty great with its price and some pretty neat features that are perfect for entertaining (as you can see).  Check up on some swim spa brands and models in your area and see what is available.

We do very well with that model and I enjoy selling them...They have a lot of versatility by allowing the kids to play/splash around and use it as basically a mini pool, then you have the ability to sit in a few nice spa seats to get your massage while still allowing for light exercise with the tethered swim option, rowing gear, etc.....very versatile with a great price point!

nebula

However, we are looking for an 8-10 person outdoor tub with the built-in tv, which I've only been able to find online.

It would be rather difficult to hear the TV with all the bubbles/jets going.  Try sitting in a hot tub at full blast and then put music on your phone and you will see.

Sam

Agree with what everyone else says.  Skip the TV in a hot tub.  You'll regret it when the mechanism fails in a year and the warranty is over.  Also as noted above, Artesian has quite a few options for the bigger spas.  The South Seas 965L, Island Spas Isla Margarita, Tidal Fit EP-12 active plus with twin bench system, Platinum Elite Pelican Bay (was just in this one this morning.  It's amazing) and the Bimini.

Dimension one has the Sarena Bay which is an incredible spa, and the Amore Bay.

Caldera has the Cantabria

There are a bunch more.  These are just off the top of my head.

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42