What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Cameo vs Marquis wish  (Read 5401 times)

ron1

Sundance Cameo vs Marquis wish
« on: April 19, 2017, 11:00:56 am »
Hi would like some opinions on these two spas
Have spent some time researching and testing various spas and have narrowed it down to these two spas. Wife likes the Marquis seats and jets (dry and wet) and I prefer the Cameo. Both are great tubs and the dealers have been in town for some time and have great BBB reviews and ratings as well as many satisfied customers.

So my question is the price on the Sundance is $10,400 including delivery, steps, ozonator, and cover with the new sunbrella fabric

The Marquis is $10,000 including delivery , steps, and standard vinyl cover

They both seem like good prices but looking for any opinions. Im leaning towards the Cameo
Thanks for your help

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance Cameo vs Marquis wish
« on: April 19, 2017, 11:00:56 am »

bud16415

Re: Sundance Cameo vs Marquis wish
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 02:45:59 pm »
Happy wife happy life. Go with the Marquis.   ;)

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 04:55:26 pm »
the wife likes it more and it's cheaper? I'm not married but my assumption is there is only really 1 play here? haha  ;D

ron1

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 04:59:17 pm »
 Thanks  I would agree!
Before taking the plunge just wanted to make sure the spas we were considering were basically of the same quality.
I'm assuming that you consider both spas to be of equal quality?
Their warranties seem to be identical. At least from what i can determine.
Wasn't sure if the cir pump was and advantage or disadvantage. To me it seems like one more pump that may not be needed.
Any comment on the pumps? is there an advantage to the additional pump?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 05:05:48 pm »
You don't need us. You just need to decide who's happiness is more important, yours or hers.
Retired

ron1

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 05:11:52 pm »
OK
Thanks all, Marquis it is. Ill report back once its delivered and running

MarKee

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 06:29:30 pm »
You're looking at two of the top brands, but here are some things to consider.

-Exterior cabinet material is heavier-duty on the Marquis (more of a Trex decking type material).
-Made in USA on the Marquis vs. made in Mexico on the Sundance.
-Two speed pumps on the Marquis vs. one speed pumps on Sundance.
-The Marquis has an ABS plastic bottom.  In the past, Sundance had an all wood bottom, I'm not sure if they have changed that in recent years.
-Fit-and-finish a little nicer on the Marquis in certain areas of the hot tub.
-The warranty is nearly identical between the 2 brands.
-Less expensive filters and parts on Marquis outside of warranty period.
-Inline Constant Clean/SpaFrog cartridge system is a nice feature on the Marquis that I really like.

I really love the look of the Wish with the curved front.  The Wish model has a factory rebate going right now, is your dealer factoring that in to the pricing?

ron1

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 09:56:08 pm »
Thanks again for all the replies.
Truly a great forum for those of us that are not real spa savvy.
Meeting tomorrow with our Marquis dealer. Thanks Markee for the heads up on the discount. Have printed it and will take it with me.
The dealer called me tonight and seems very motivated for a cash deal. I think we will be closer to $9000 total for everything delivered and set up. New not floor model or anything he has in stock. $1500 less than the Sundance and wife is happier = no brainer
I agree with the siding being nicer on the Marquis but will say the front panel on the sundance is a 30 second breeze to take off, setting the bottom of the panel in a stainless rail and two push buttons to open and remove makes the Marquis look like an ancient model especially on the Wish which is a very curved panel and the two removel screws on the very bottom . Minor except when you need to drain the spa (Marquis are all inside) and if your in the senior bracket. According to Marquis the drains are inside to eliminate any damage during the wrapping,  shipping and loading and unloading.   

Again thanks to all and will post the final deal as well as progress once set up and running

MarKee

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2017, 11:09:24 am »
Congratulations, that's a great hot tub!  The panel on the Wish is a little difficult to get on and off because of the curved front, most of the Marquis are a lot easier, but once you've taken that off several times, you'll be able to get it on and off with little effort.

Also, keep in mind that the gravity drains are pretty slow, and you may find it easier to buy a submersible pump for draining and filling (then you will never have to open the front panel).

Enjoy the spa, what part of the country are you in?

bud16415

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2017, 12:07:46 pm »
If you have it on any kind of a deck above ground level, I just syphon mine empty with length of 2” pool hose. Gets the job done in a couple minutes and then I finish it off with the shop vac. If this didn’t work so well I would have bought a pump also. Leave the cover on. 

ron1

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2017, 12:37:15 pm »
Thanks for the simple draining solution to leaving the cover on. I will definitely put that solution to good use. 
We are in northern california near bay area

colo_artist

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2017, 09:52:36 pm »
I can't compare the two models, but I have had a Wish for 6 years. When shopping it was an easy choice, my wife and I both preferred the Wish to everything else we considered. She likes the lounge and I like the captain's chair.

I used the built-in Frog system and like it. No problems with it or the spa in general. Zero problems, zero regrets.

I've inset the spa halfway down into my redwood deck, so the drains aren't very convenient. But I use a Little Giant submersible pump...model 505176...the one with a longer cord. It's long enough to reach the nearest outlet. Handy and it makes emptying the Wish a simple matter.

Congrats on the new tub. ;^)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2017, 09:52:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42