What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2013 Sundance Cameo LED Problem  (Read 3147 times)

twodogs02

2013 Sundance Cameo LED Problem
« on: February 24, 2017, 08:22:22 pm »
This is an intermittent problem:

After soaking for about 20-25 minutes, the wife likes to change the LED colors using the topside control. Wife wanted to lock in the red color and when she pressed the light mode button, the top side LED lights flickered(reminded me of short in a circuit) then the color continued to rotate. Pressed the light mode button again, same thing. Pressing the light mode button a third time made all LED lights on the tub go out, only the tub well light was lit in blue. Neither light button on the topside control panel would respond to inputs.

I went over to the cut off box and pulled the bar to cut power to the tub. Waited ten seconds and put bar back in. The tub started up, light on/off button worked but the color mode button did the same thing as above so we just turned off all lighting as we hate color rotation.   The next morning when checking chlorine levels, tested the light mode function, it works as expected. I searched many forums and the Internet but can't find anything like this.  Also, sometimes when the LED lights go out after pressing the light mode button, you can power them back on, just can't stop color rotation.

The other problem we have at random times is the tub well light flickers occasionally and will change color (sometime only partially change color [mix of red and blue]) without any input from topside.

I have followed all LED wiring back to a light module, doesn't look like something that's easy to troubleshoot.  I didn't see any corrosion and the connectors and all wires look in good shape (those I could get access to).  I'm trying to determine if this is a short in the topside control panel or the LED light module.  Does anyone have an 880 service manual that could send me so I can trace the wiring and determine how this color rotation works.  Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

2013 Sundance Cameo LED Problem
« on: February 24, 2017, 08:22:22 pm »

twodogs02

Re: 2013 Sundance Cameo LED Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 10:16:43 pm »
Bueller..........Bueller.........................Anyone?....................................Anyone?

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 11:18:07 am »
Usually one or a few of lights are bad and cause the controller to mess up or fail completely.  You can try unplugging all the lights from from the controller and leave the touchpad connector in.  Plug lights in one at a time and see if you can control the lights correctly.  Start by plugging in the footwell light, as that one basically never goes bad.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 11:18:07 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42