What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How can I identify a chemical with a missing label?  (Read 2732 times)

drewskie

How can I identify a chemical with a missing label?
« on: February 20, 2017, 03:36:53 pm »
Hello everyone. I have an older bottle of either Ph plus, or Ph minus that the label has fallen off of. I can't remember which chemical it is, and I don't want to have to throw it out, is there a test I can do other than dumping a bunch in the tub and testing the water?

Hot Tub Forum

How can I identify a chemical with a missing label?
« on: February 20, 2017, 03:36:53 pm »

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: How can I identify a chemical with a missing label?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 04:14:34 pm »
pH increaser is plain old baking soda so it will have the same consistency which is a very fine light powder....pH decreaser is typically a more grainy/sand like texture

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 05:19:19 pm »
Hello everyone. I have an older bottle of either Ph plus, or Ph minus that the label has fallen off of. I can't remember which chemical it is, and I don't want to have to throw it out, is there a test I can do other than dumping a bunch in the tub and testing the water?

Take the biggest tupper ware bowl you have, fill it with tap water and test the PH, write the number down. Then add some and stir. Test again in an hour and see which way it went. Use a sharpie to mark the bottle. And what BFSM said.
Retired

drewskie

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 03:37:50 am »
Ah, that makes sense, thank you guys both very much. I feel like an idiot that I didn't even think of testing the chemical in a separate container.

bud16415

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 10:07:18 am »
Take a few grains and put them in a teaspoon of vinegar. The ph up will have a reaction. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 10:07:18 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42