What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tub Covers  (Read 6678 times)

Don Dante

Hot Tub Covers
« on: January 13, 2017, 02:19:14 pm »
HELP!

My Hot Tub cover ripped out and blew away. I have a Jacuzzi J-375.

I need a high quality cover that straps in well (I'm in Chicago and my hot tub is on my rooftop), well insulated and easy to get on and off.

Recommendations?

I already looked at all the roll up covers and they are not recommended for my Jacuzzi J-375.

What are the best spa covers on the market???

« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 02:22:10 pm by Don Dante »

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Tub Covers
« on: January 13, 2017, 02:19:14 pm »

JacuzziJack

Re: Hot Tub Covers
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 03:13:54 pm »
I've looked at a bunch of covers. Sunstar seems to be one of the better covers, and also the one a lot of dealers sell. One dealer I talked to not that long ago said they've never really had any problems with their product in the years they've sold them. Reasons I think their covers stand out is they use a heavier duty steel C-channel at the spine of each cover panel ....and they said its galvanized. Therefore it should be able to stand up to heavier snow loads w/o buckling. They also use heavier vinyl and plastic that covers the foam. You can also order from some online retailers. They don't sell direct to customer.

The coverguy sells covers too. They don't actually make them though. They have a couple companies they get product from.

You can go one of two ways: Order the cheapest thing on the market, and after a couple years, and order another one, or order a better quality one and hope to get 8 or so years out of it. Either way probably works out the same $$. Personally, I'd get a 5-3" taper with 1.5# ..or even 2# foam if you want extra rigidity. Order with extra straps.

Don Dante

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 05:27:12 pm »
Thanks Jack... are there any online retailers that sell Sunstar? Can't find any with some basic google searches.

JacuzziJack

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 10:09:08 pm »
I think quickspaparts.com might sell them, but I'd call them up to find out for sure. Might be worth a call to Sunstar too and find out who they can direct you to.  They sell to a lot of local spa dealers.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 06:18:04 am »
RH tubs makes a quality cover also.
Retired

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 12:39:23 pm »

I bought one of these back around 2010.  The order process and delivery was easy and I received a good fitting cover as ordered. I got rid of the tub 2 years later, so I can't say how long it lasted.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

scoobywagon02

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2017, 06:00:54 pm »
We use Sunstar with no issues. They have a 3 year warranty on standard vinyl covers which is longer then oem warranty. Jacuzzi does now offer additional options for replacement covers. They now have an "extreme" cover that is thicker and uses sunbrella material which is "supposed" too hold up better. They also jump the warranty up to 3 years. They are pricey though. You need side straps for your cover if wind is constantly and issue. Whatever company you buy from make sure you order some Sunstar hold down straps. The straps will secure the cover from left right.

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2017, 03:55:13 am »

I replaced the cover on my 2003 model J-370 in 2009 with one from RH tubs.  It's still in good shape today so the RH one has lasted longer than the original did.
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Don Dante

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2017, 12:36:36 pm »
I have narrowed down my hot tub covers to RH Tubs Vs. Acculok.

Anyone have experience with Acculok Hot Tub Covers. I read some post here from before on Acculok and there wasn't any conclusive recommendations one way or another. Just a big argument on the warranty.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2017, 05:07:43 pm »
I have narrowed down my hot tub covers to RH Tubs Vs. Acculok.

Anyone have experience with Acculok Hot Tub Covers. I read some post here from before on Acculok and there wasn't any conclusive recommendations one way or another. Just a big argument on the warranty.

I would like to defer to the good Doc for a review of Acculok The web site is great! I've never used them.
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2017, 05:59:23 pm »
https://smartopspacover.com/

Expensive yes, but very nice.. 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2017, 12:34:01 pm »
https://smartopspacover.com/

Expensive yes, but very nice..

I'm concerned about R-factor?
Retired

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2017, 11:51:55 pm »
The smart top was coming out just about the time I retired from the business. I too was VERY concerned about R value. I was also, and even more concerned, about expansion and contraction of the solid plastic top. There was, a long time ago, another manufacturer that made a cover slightly similar. It took them YEARS to engineer it so that the expansion and contraction (from direct sunlight heating it up) didn't cause it to crack. It would "grow and shrink" up to an inch daily.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2017, 11:51:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42