What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: J-470 Draining  (Read 3618 times)

Calisoldier83

J-470 Draining
« on: January 12, 2017, 01:27:09 pm »
I'm currently researching the drainage process for the J470. I see there is a quick drain and a hose attachment. I didn't receive separate tubing for the Quick Drain. Was that supposed to come with the tub?

Is there a preferred way to drain to ensure the tubing is fully purged? I saw other folks with other methods involving a shop vac, utility pumps, and sump pumps, but wanted to check here before I go out of my way on another investment.

Hot Tub Forum

J-470 Draining
« on: January 12, 2017, 01:27:09 pm »

richierich

Re: J-470 Draining
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 02:31:52 pm »
There should be a clear poly hose with a threaded attachment that connects with the quick drain slice valve. It came rolled up and placed near the drain/ valve area in my Sundance Optima. It is about 12 foot in length and about 3 inches in diameter. It works great. I wouldn't even consider using the smaller garden hose drain.

bud16415

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 02:42:56 pm »
I don’t have that tub but I drain mine in several different ways. The main way is I have a hose connected right to the waste water pipe coming from the house. I pull the drain valve and it all goes away. The second way is I can connect a hose to the same place run it out in the yard. If I’m in a hurry I made a 4’ PVC 2” pipe connected to a 20’ length of 2” pool hose and because my tub is on a deck. I stick the pipe and some of the hose in the tub and start a syphon and it drains most of the water in 15 minutes. Whatever way  I go I am left with an inch in the tub I get out with a shop vac. I then switch the shop vac to blow and put it over the jets and blow out the water in the pipes. I switch the diverter valves and do it again and then suck that water out as blowing in one jet shoots the water out others.

I take vinegar in a spray bottle and a micro fiber cloth and wipe everything down and fill it up after closing the drain hole. Putting the fill hose in the filter compartment.

Some people buy a small electric pump to drain the tub I haven’t need one.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 03:32:34 pm »
I'm currently researching the drainage process for the J470. I see there is a quick drain and a hose attachment. I didn't receive separate tubing for the Quick Drain. Was that supposed to come with the tub?

Is there a preferred way to drain to ensure the tubing is fully purged? I saw other folks with other methods involving a shop vac, utility pumps, and sump pumps, but wanted to check here before I go out of my way on another investment.

It should have come in/with the owners manual I believe, was yours a floor model by any chance?

Calisoldier83

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 06:46:57 pm »
  It should have come in/with the owners manual I believe, was yours a floor model by any chance?

No, I bought a new one from the factory. Going to reach out to my dealer to see what's up.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 06:46:57 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42