What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Spring Grandee NXT wiring  (Read 3167 times)

collab-engineer

Hot Spring Grandee NXT wiring
« on: February 15, 2017, 10:41:58 pm »
Hey folks,

I have a Hot Spring Grandee NXT being delivered on Saturday and need some guidance on wiring. I have a call put into my dealer but a confirmation will be helpful.

The pre-delivery guide shows a threaded 3/4 electrical access on both sides of the spa. Threaded would indicate to me that the conduit from the sub panel would end at this threaded access.

How much additional wire do I need beyond this electrical access inside the spa? Is the terminal block near this access or do I need additional wire to reach somewhere near the middle of the inside of the spa?

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Spring Grandee NXT wiring
« on: February 15, 2017, 10:41:58 pm »

kporter

Re: Hot Spring Grandee NXT wiring
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 01:58:19 pm »
Without an NXT in front of me....

You will need enough wire to reach the middle of the door panel and lets say the top portion to be safe even though it is more middle.

So enough wire to reach Top Middle of the door side. Watkins will not supply any of the conduit or wire to do this.

Hope this helps.

Porter

collab-engineer

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 08:04:48 pm »
Thanks Porter!

My dealer called today and said the same.

Appreciate the help!

bud16415

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 01:55:26 pm »
On my tub the ports where I ran the seal-tite in were just thru holes and I ran the seal-tite all the way to the enclosure inside and then needed another foot of wire to the terminal strip. I wouldn’t want the wires dangling across the inside of the tub. Keep then in the conduit and then use a adapter and nut at the destination. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 01:55:26 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42