What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need help!! initial priming Bullfrog x7 no water flow  (Read 10295 times)

Skysurfer2010

Need help!! initial priming Bullfrog x7 no water flow
« on: January 10, 2017, 02:32:20 pm »
I have a bullfrog x7. I turn the breaker on and it goes into priming mode (Pr). I push the jets buttons and both pumps turn on but there is zero water flow. I wait a few minutes and try pushing the jets buttons multiple times to turn them on and off and the pumps do turn on and off but still no water flow.

Dealer doesn't know what to do. Bullfrog techs phone lines have issues today and they keep dropping my calls. Tech started to say something about the valves...

Does the plumbing on the white tubes need to be opened some how? They don't have any give to them.

Also the display sometimes displays "dr" and sometimes "ic."

Need help asap since the tub is full and it's cold in the NE!!

Hot Tub Forum

Need help!! initial priming Bullfrog x7 no water flow
« on: January 10, 2017, 02:32:20 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Need help!! initial priming Bullfrog x7 no water flow
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 03:19:56 pm »
Your dealer doesn't know what to do?  Did they just start selling hot tubs?  When you filled it did you fill it through the place where the filter is?  You can listen up the drain plugs on the front of the pumps until water comes out to purge the lines. When you turn the pump on how long are you leaving it on for?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 03:21:49 pm »
Also I'm not sure if bullfrog uses slice valves going to the pump. If they do make sure both are in the up position

Beck0101

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 04:04:50 pm »
On the A series the priming routine takes several minutes, I assume the X series is similar.  Are you trying to run the pumps prior to the priming routine finishing?  Did it also go through the GFCI routine already as well?

Priming aside you may need to loosen up the plumbing to bleed the air if you didn't get the air out by filling through the filter openings.  I have a coworker that couldn't relieve his airlock without messing with the plumbing.

Beck0101

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 04:05:58 pm »
And hey - don't fret, you're not going to be able to use that thing tonight anyway.  Your heater will take a day to bring her up to comfortable temps once she's running.

Skysurfer2010

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 04:42:16 pm »
Thanks for the replies. My dealer was able to get ahold of bullfrog via email.

BF had me take off the small lines that are held to the pumps with a clamp. There was a ton of air in them and that solved my problem.

Thanks everyone!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 06:23:57 pm »
I was gona say burp it........to late.
Retired

Hottubprosne

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2017, 10:45:43 am »
Where in Nebraska? Why wasn't the dealer there to fill up the tub and make sure it worked? Have they never sold a hot tub before??? Very confusing.

Skysurfer2010

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2017, 11:25:26 am »
Why the negativity?

My dealer has been fantastic to deal with. It was delivered on a day my electrician wasn't able to come. I had to wait almost a week for my electrician to come out to connect the tub to the GFCI.

My dealer was going to come back to my house (an hour away) if we couldn't solve the problem over the phone, which we did do. This is his first x series sale and apparently there are a few small differences.

I wouldn't defend my dealer if I ever felt he left me out high and dry. He's been great to deal with from the very first day I contacted him. He even sent me an email at 10pm last night double checking to make sure everything was still alright.

There are tons of dealers out there that could learn something from him. There are so many out there that act like used car salesman. And there are some that act like children on forums. I wonder if they're much better in person.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2017, 12:35:48 pm »
I just found it odd that the dealer didn't know what to do in that situation. I give my customers instructions on what to do when filling it. Typically the electrician isn't their the same day as me so we go back to go over operation once the tub is filled and wired. You got it running and are happy with the dealer so that's all that matters. I'm guessing he is relatively new to hot tubs if that was his first x series he sold as they have been out for over a year now. Happy hot tubbing!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2017, 03:59:53 pm »
  It is odd your dealer did not know what was going on.   I have had a handful of BF spa's airlock like that, should not do it again when you do a water change, but I always tell people to stick the hose in the filter holes when filling.

Skysurfer2010

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2017, 05:04:52 pm »
He did tell me to fill it with the hose in the filter area and to remove the filters. I had the hose directly in the tubing beneath the filter and had all the Jets in the full open position. Still got a ton of air for whatever reason. Just glad it was sorted out.

Hottubprosne

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2017, 05:48:35 pm »
Sorry did not mean to come off as negative. If you have any problems with it again when you take the hoses off turn them so they are up makes all the difference.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2017, 05:57:17 pm »
He did tell me to fill it with the hose in the filter area and to remove the filters. I had the hose directly in the tubing beneath the filter and had all the Jets in the full open position. Still got a ton of air for whatever reason. Just glad it was sorted out.

Sometimes when they are tipped on their side just right an air lock is created when you tip it down. Common problem. Don't tip it up anymore.....LOL
Retired

Beck0101

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2017, 07:38:45 am »
One more tip - when you change your water don't drain it 100% empty.  Drain it down to the top of the foot well but leave the foot well full. 

Keep those lines from fully emptying and you'll save yourself a lot of drama during water changes.  Not to mention the fact that you have to remove your cover lifter to access your pluming.  Not ideal if you can avoid it...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2017, 07:38:45 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42